Red error? (-13.23T) left lower corner

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could somebody tell me what the red remark in the lower left corner means? It says -13.23T at the moment. I looked at the logfile it just says clips.

I have tried to repair the DB, but no dices.
I have found a site that said it just means that many files were created. But why is it in red then? It looks like an error or is that just me?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have an allocation problem.

screen shots
1) Blue iris status clip storage
2) blue Iris status cameras
3) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)
4) on two of the camera properties the record tab.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like an over-allocation error for storage of video clips.
Can you post a screenshot of "Status", "Clip Storage" ?

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have an allocation problem.

screen shots
1) Blue iris status clip storage
2) blue Iris status cameras
3) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)
4) on two of the camera properties the record tab.
I have checked that, and it is all correct. I will upload screenshots.

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds like an over-allocation error for storage of video clips.
Can you post a screenshot of "Status", "Clip Storage" ?
Status indeed shows an over allocation error. But what is that and how do i fix that?

Screenshots on the way.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All the folders are are the same diver and have sizes specified that are bigger than the drive.

It looks like you have a 8TB drive, (7.27TB) . Put the folders back they were to start.

General storage notes.
1) Do not use time to determine when BI video files are moved or deleted, only use space.
2) If New and stored are on the same disk drive do not used stored, set the stored size to zero, set the new folder to delete, not move. All it does is waste CPU time and increase the number of disk writes. You can leave the stored folder on the drive just do not use it.
3) Never allocate over 90% of the total disk drive to BI.
4) Do not use the C: drive if it is an SSD for video storage.
5) if continuous recording set alert folder size to zero.
5) if using continuous recording on the BI camera settings, record tab, set the combine and cut video to 1 hour or 4 GB.

Use the correct folder names for your folders, do not change the names, just the drive letters.
c:\BlueIris\db
D:\BlueIris\New
D:\BlueIris\Stored
D:\BlueIris\Alerts

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All the folders are are the same diver and have sizes specified that are bigger than the drive.

It looks like you have a 8TB drive, (7.27TB) . Put the folders back they were to start.

General storage notes.
1) Do not use time to determine when BI video files are moved or deleted, only use space.
2) If New and stored are on the same disk drive do not used stored, set the stored size to zero, set the new folder to delete, not move. All it does is waste CPU time and increase the number of disk writes. You can leave the stored folder on the drive just do not use it.
3) Never allocate over 90% of the total disk drive to BI.
4) Do not use the C: drive if it is an SSD for video storage.
5) if continuous recording set alert folder size to zero.
5) if using continuous recording on the BI camera settings, record tab, set the combine and cut video to 1 hour or 4 GB.

Use the correct folder names for your folders, do not change the names, just the drive letters.
c:\BlueIris\db
D:\BlueIris\New
D:\BlueIris\Stored
D:\BlueIris\Alerts
Okee i did all that, and the problem is gone. So thanks for that! I didn't know the software would add both of the storage sizes. I thought this would never become an issue because the 90 days would be over way sooner.

Couple of questions:

-So it is not possible to rename the folder? Not really important, just curious;
  • Why can't i use number of days to delete files?
  • I don't use continuous recording, but why max 4GB?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) if you use number of days, what happens when the folder fills up before the time limit. The space is allocated and can not be used for anything else.
2) How do you more or work with a large file when selecting a small part to export. Try coping a 30 GB file to a USB drive.
3) you can rename the folders, but I have seen people use invalid characters. Simple rule if it not broken do not fix it.