Red Motion Tags Missing From Recording Clips

Flash619

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I've noticed that on all of my cameras, the red motion tags beneath the footage segment are missing from all clips past a certain date.

I'm specifically referring to those red motion event tags in the image above. Is there a way to re generate these in the event that they are somehow cleared or corrupted? I've tried doing a database -> Repair / Regenerate but this did not help.

Has anyone else ever encountered this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I've noticed that on all of my cameras, the red motion tags beneath the footage segment are missing from all clips past a certain date.

I'm specifically referring to those red motion event tags in the image above. Is there a way to re generate these in the event that they are somehow cleared or corrupted? I've tried doing a database -> Repair / Regenerate but this did not help.

Has anyone else ever encountered this?
clips and archiving>alerts folder...uncheck limit clip age...
what the folder only stores high res photos of alerts if that option is selected in the record tab, it still seems to limit the low res alerts stored in the database....a quick test seem to confirm this...try it...

Flash619

n3wb
Reaction score
clips and archiving>alerts folder...uncheck limit clip age...
what the folder only stores high res photos of alerts if that option is selected in the record tab, it still seems to limit the low res alerts stored in the database....a quick test seem to confirm this...try it...
When I go to my Blue Iris\Alerts folder, it is empty. I've kept all settings for all cameras pretty much default aside from adjusting the delay to keep recording after trigger, etc...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I go to my Blue Iris\Alerts folder, it is empty. I've kept all settings for all cameras pretty much default aside from adjusting the delay to keep recording after trigger, etc...
as I said the folder WILL and should be empty...
Follow the instructions above.

Flash619

n3wb
Reaction score
as I said the folder WILL and should be empty...
Follow the instructions above.
Sorry, I miss understood you the first time. I've upped it from 7 days to 30. Is there any way to force it to regenerate the alerts for those clips that you know of?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I miss understood you the first time. I've upped it from 7 days to 30. Is there any way to force it to regenerate the alerts for those clips that you know of?
you may as well simply uncheck it...it takes virtually zero space...
no you will not be able to regenerate them...

Flash619

n3wb
Reaction score
you may as well simply uncheck it...it takes virtually zero space...
no you will not be able to regenerate them...
Thanks for your help. Now hopefully this never happens again. It seems weird that this setting affects this, one would think this would only affect the still images taken as you described. Perhaps the wording will be more clear in the future.

Either way, thanks a bunch!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Now hopefully this never happens again. It seems weird that this setting affects this, one would think this would only affect the still images taken as you described. Perhaps the wording will be more clear in the future.

Either way, thanks a bunch!
its just an alert marker..its no big deal..its not like you are reviewing tons of footage from 7+ days ago..