Refubished List

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This thread is dangerous for my wallet. Stop tempting me more and delete this at once :p
No kidding! I'm new here and am trying to switch out some low quality cameras with a little better ones. I have a IPC-B5442E-ZE from @EMPIRETECANDY on the way (Thanks Andy!). I'll use it to dial in which fixed cameras I want where.

While I'm replacing the cameras, I may as well put boxes in (I sealed the existing cameras pretty good, but in a couple locations the surface isn't flat. I see there are these Uniview Junction Box for Fixed Lens & Motorized Turrets - IP Cam Talk Store boxes, but they don't look like they'd work for the above camera. If possible I'd like a universal box, but it's unclear which ones are actually "universal". Also, I'd prefer aluminum with screw in plugs, not those cheap rubber caps that I'm sure will eventually fall out. These look great except for the rubber plugs (). Anyone have any recommendations?

And, this may not be the appropriate location for this question, if needed I can move this post over to hardware. Just let me know.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks @sebastiantombs,
Searched google and he's got them up on amazon for $20 each. That's a little pricier than what I was thinking. But, looks like good quality and has multiple screw holes and should fit a few different cameras...Ya get what you pay for sometimes.
I'll email Andy and see if he's got a better bulk price if I buy them all at once.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think almost every return Andy gets is from someone that is expecting Ring plug-n-play simplicity and has the attention span of an ant.

If they plug it in and they can't see it, it must be broke and they send it back.