Refubished List

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It was so simple and I was helping him so I saw it with my own eyes. He simply was replacing an existing Lorex camera with this camera.

He literally took down the Lorex camera and plugged this one in and secured it in place and by the time we got into his house, the camera was already showing on the monitor. We did not do a thing. And then I was able to get into the camera gui via the web "e" in the NVR interface. He has since replaced 3 Lorex cameras with various cameras from Andy, and every one of them was simply plug it in to the NVR POE port, including a PTZ which shocked me it had enough power coming out of the NVR to power it.
Just to confirm, @wittaj is correct for the Lorex Fusion N863B this appears to be the way to go. You can access the zoom feature directly from the interface:

Just to be sure, I reset the camera to factory default (open the panel, hold reset for 10 seconds), unplugged it and plugged it into a different port...Lucky 13...I couldn't read the port numbers on the back of the unit, or I'd have chosen better. I didn't change anything and it popped up, working at default settings. Set the zoom, click AutoFocus and it seems to work:
1648390589487.png
Thanks everyone. Now I need to set it up outside and see how it actually does. I'm excited!

Unfortunately I can't get to the advanced settings under the "e" through the NVR, yet. But, one step at a time right? I may have to plug it into the POE to set the password and user different, and change what I want to over the computer and poe, then plug it back into the NVR. We'll see. But, at least I have it working and can do what I need to do.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Patiently waiting to get home (in about an hour) to pickup my refurb T5442T-ZE that was delivered by UPS today, right in full view of the street at my front door (fingers crossed no porch pirates grab it before I get home). Five feet to either side would have hidden it from street view (thanks a lot UPS driver). Can't say that delivery was the usual experience from EmpireTecAndy, as this was ordered on the same day as this latest refresh of the refurb list went up (March 17), shipped on March 23, but UPS couldn't say at all where it was or when it would be delivered until it actually took place today.

Last edited:

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It might have been shipped on 21, usually it takes a whole week (7-8 days) to get from PA to CA. But delivery schedule usually does show delivery day 2-3 days before delivery.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At these steep discounts, I'm happy to get the camera whenever it comes. I'd rather Andy's profits not be eaten by high shipping costs.

Back home just now with new baby Evangeline Liberty. Should be getting my camera ordered 6 days ago any day now. I've got 3 girls to protect now, so this is good timing.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey @wittaj,
So, for whatever reason I was able to get to the camera through the "e" yesterday. The problem I ran into was that it prompted me for a password. I'm not sure what the Lorex NVR initialized the camera password to be. I tried "admin" as the password, then I tried entering nothing, finally I clicked cancel. None of that worked. Do you have any idea what the NVR sets the password to for these cameras?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Default is to make them the same user and password as your NVR.

If that doesn't work maybe a user/pw got stuck on facty reset.

Many of us here factory reset 3 times as sometimes we have seen things like this happen.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Never occured to me to try the NVR password! Thanks, I'll give that a shot after 3 factory resets, just to be sure.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Out of 2 Andy cams, one of them responded in IE to 192.168.1.108 as new and asked to setup new password. The second one loaded with "admin" as name but requested password but did not take "admin (blank) 1234 password" or anything else that I could think of.
With "config tool" it showed was uninitialized so was able to set it up from there. It took a few tries as it did not want to save the new IP address that I assigned. Finally it all fell into place.
Thanks Andy and also to your tech from Homer City PA.

OK Andy, looking forward to a new list of toys!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome Andy! Thanks for the refurbished list and all the promotions you run for us here!

I know many of us take advantage of these opportunities and it is appreciated!

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I snagged an SD59432XA-HNR from Andy and installed it. The pictures are of a west Texas sunset. The color and b/w are a minute apart. Kind of surreal, drinking a margarita and watching the sunset in person and on the tablet at the same time.

Attachments