Refurb pricing

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have built 2 BI systems in my 5 years here. Although I admit that I haven't been active 100% of the time, I always come for due diligence and research. There's always good info to be learned every time.

I've been a fan of the Optiplex machines and would like to stick with them for future builds. I know that the Dell Outlet usually pushes good sales twice a month, or at least they did? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a machine for a new build, however I'm not sure if it's the best value, or if I should wait for the next sale. It looks like there's one going on now, that is over on Tuesday.

I'm currently running 12 cams (mix of 2-4 MP), with some duplicated for seperate alerts configs. I expect to be expanding out to a total of 20 (additional cams will be 4-8MP). All are on a 2015 Opti 9020 with an i7-4790, 8 GB. I paid $550 through the outlet, back then.

I'm currently looking at a 5070 Mini-tower. i7-8700. 16GB. Sale price is $650. Deal or no deal?

I searched quickly for a thread of "on-sale prices" for these machines, and found none. Might it be a good idea to start one to keep track of pricing and timing for those looking to buy?