Region Firmware comparison

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
new here! I have been purchasing my hikvision kit from a Canadian authorized dealer and i have a question on the firmware.
I see the firmware listed on the side of the box for either my 4mp or 8mp turret/dome are not all available on the Canadian site. i.e. they are not the latest
if its a newer firmware it should be listed here, i checked the US site and noticed the same. however when i checked the UK site i noticed they have a more upto date version.
my question is are these firmware (Canadian/US/UK) interchangeable?
i understand if i had a Chinese greymarket version it wont be, but mine are western region.

so as an example i have received the ds-2cd2385fwd-i (8mp turret)
the version on the box is listed as 5.5.3_171025
Canadian site doesn't even have this camera listed
US site the latest firmware: IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.5.0_170725
the UK site the latest firmware is v5.5.51

thanks again!
Dhil

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Technically, they do not recommend to use other region's firmware on your devices. It might (and usually does) work but there be can circumstances where it bricks the device. I don't know of any way to know beforehand so there is some level of risk. Is there a specific feature or need motivating you to upgrade right now?

Dhil

n3wb
Reaction score
Technically, they do not recommend to use other region's firmware on your devices. It might (and usually does) work but there be can circumstances where it bricks the device. I don't know of any way to know beforehand so there is some level of risk. Is there a specific feature or need motivating you to upgrade right now?
no direct need just yet, i just want to know where i can download the latest firmware! if my Canadian region doesnt even show it on their site yet they sell them here. so i am guessing its North America region? i may reach out to hikvision support to confirm

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no differences between them, other than the euro Version come with more language packs sometimes (not always).

Hardware is all Chinese!