REINSTALL BlUE IRIS

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was working on windows 10 and inadvertently deleted BI from my computer along with a few other things. Parts of it are in the file section but nothing works there either. I can‘t figure a way of reinstalling it. How can I reinstall this program? I went to the site and the only option I see is to buy another one. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was working on windows 10 and inadvertently deleted BI from my computer along with a few other things. Parts of it are in the file section but nothing works there either. I can‘t figure a way of reinstalling it. How can I reinstall this program? I went to the site and the only option I see is to buy another one. Thanks
I would suggest reinstalling windows using the MS media creation tool. What do you mean "working on windows 10" and "inadvertently" deleing BI, you have to intentionally do it. If you were messing with the registry, certainly reinstalling windows and stop playing with it.
Home - Blue Iris Software has a huge download tab at the top which takes to further down the page for the full installer.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you bought it from the IPCT store like maybe you were alluding to back last month here, log into IPCT, go to "Store" => "Store Account" => "My serials" and download BI again from a link there and copy the serial key, paste into a .txt file with Note pad, save to a place where you can find it.

Install BI then paste it in to activate when prompted.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would suggest reinstalling windows using the MS media creation tool. What do you mean "working on windows 10" and "inadvertently" deleing BI, you have to intentionally do it. If you were messing with the registry, certainly reinstalling windows and stop playing with it.
Home - Blue Iris Software has a huge download tab at the top which takes to further down the page for the full installer.
You are correct I was playing with it didn’t think I could cause that much damage.

I found the download you posted but that page requires you to purchase? Anyway around that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct I was playing with it didn’t think I could that much damage.

I found the download you posted but that page requires you to purchase? Anyway around that?
reinstall windows you must if you edited the registry and dont know what you did. Otherwise you are in for a world of hurt

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
reinstall windows you must if you edited the registry and dont know what you did. Otherwise you are in for a world of hurt
I understand that and will do! But that still leaves the issue on how to get BI back.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so I have to purchase again as there are no other options on the BI website. I don‘t have account for this site.
Who said you have to purchase it again? Go back and read my previous reply.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you create a restore point first?
If so, try restoring Windows to that point.
If not...seriously consider doing so in the future....registry editing demands some expertise.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you create a restore point first?
If so, try restoring Windows to that point.
If not...seriously consider doing so in the future....registry editing demands some expertise.
Ya I’ve learned a lesson! I didn’t back up anything. I purchased directly from BI. I emailed them to help me solve this issue. Just waiting now on a response. Thanks for your suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I’ve learned a lesson! I didn’t back up anything. I purchased directly from BI. I emailed them to help me solve this issue. Just waiting now on a response. Thanks for your suggestions?
They emailed you a key when you purchased it The file is downloadable directly from the website. You don't need the key to install Blue Iris It will install in demo mode.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you emailed BI without the required information that sets up when you email support, it may be days or if at all before they respond because it may have gone to spam. That is why they call out what to put in the email.

Unless you deleted the email when you bought it, you are good to go by downloading it again and inputting in the key (unless you have made this mistake before at which point it will demo you for using the key too many times LOL)....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
My last BI purchase was from the IPcamtalk store, simply because they save the Serials in your store account. Super handy....

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Bl key should be printed out on a label, then that label attached to the BI computer.
Good idea. Even with all the help it’s still not clear how to reinstall BI, unless purchased from this site. I’ve got some very good advise from everyone as usual. I found my email from BI as wittaj mention and will be giving this a try tomorrow morning. Learning so many new things all at once wears me out, which is pretty easy now a days.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The help file assumes someone isn't jacking up the registry and accidentally deleting BI LOL :lmao: (just some good-natured teasing LOL).

But it would be no different than any other program that is deleted or uninstalled - you install it back. Now you probably lost all of the cameras and will have to reconfigure your system.

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The help file assumes someone isn't jacking up the registry and accidentally deleting BI LOL :lmao: (just some good-natured teasing LOL).

But it would be no different than any other program that is deleted or uninstalled - you install it back. Now you probably lost all of the cameras and will have to reconfigure your system.
Yes I did and that only one shouldn’t be to difficult to setup again:lmao: