Rekor Scout and Tailscale

Reaction score
Are you guys using the cloud on Rekor Scout or keeping it all local?

I've tried both and neither have been successful.

Scout is installed on my BI windows PC and for local web server it shows using Ubuntu.

Then for cloud, it's not connecting to my camera, likely because it's behind the VPN.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got it working on the cloud for now, but getting a warning about the resolution. It looks like it's pickup up the lower resolution substream.

1722624514539.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are telling it to use substream. Change subtype from 1 to 0

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a tough field of view with that growth on the other side - every wind movement of a leaf will send it off.

Unfortunately REKOR is very CPU intensive.

And at that angle you can't block it off from detection or it will miss plates as the plates would be "seen" in that same area.

Time to buzz all that stuff down.

Only other option would be to use a substream and lower FPS to 10 or 15 and see if the CPU drops.

Or move camera to mailbox to be able to eliminate all that growth from motion detection.

Reaction score
I can certainly whack those weeds down, and I have some spray that will keep it away for the most part with a couple of applications annually. I spray on our side and the driveway a couple time yearly anyway.

Just captured my first plate... but that F-350 was disguised as a Jeep. lol

I probably didn't have much problem capturing it because it stopped.

1722625739242.png

Reaction score
Got rid of the weeds... and made sure the motion triggers were not on the weed bank. I think the sign is moving causing it to trigger now.

1722635678351.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow you don't mess around lol.

OK the sign is an easy one to block for motion.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In REKOR there is a mask option and you would just draw a square around it. I am not at mine now to find the screen, but if you don't find it, I will post a screenshot later.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a function of the computer - what is the CPU%

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will want to do this and never use that interface lol.

Reaction score
Oh... so now there's more? lol... there's always a catch... a gotcha... with links pointing everywhere on how to accomplish the end goal. And... another $5 per month if I wanna use it?

Now... if I get that set up, is there something else I'll need to do or any other fees I'll need to pay? lol

I'm not even sure what link to follow to get it set up at this point, but maybe I can figure it out.

I also guess the mask stopped it from working altogether, since I added it, it hasn't captured any plates, including ours when we headed out to eat right after I set the mask.

Reaction score
Okay... yeah... that OpenALPR Tool ain't happening... above my skillset to even figure out how to download it and everything else that has to be pieced together to make it work.

If this is what I have to do to make use of it, it won't get used, so... I'll stick with the current use for now, if I can even get that working the right way.