Rekor Scout and Tailscale

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you do need to be zoomed in to make the plate as large as possible.

But the angle also comes into play. The closer the angle is to 90 degrees, the harder it is to read the plate and the shorter the amount of time a vehicle is in the field of view.

Turn on motion detection on playback and see when BI triggers for motion and for what.

You may need to move you trigger zone towards the left to account for a lag/delay in when BI triggers for motion and take the alert image.

What FPS are you running at?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is your make times and min object size for motion detection?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK with that large field of view, you need to uncheck object travels box and unchecked the object size resets box. Those are needed to try to eliminate false triggers and you have the opposite going on. I don't use those for any of my cameras.

A car will exceed 67% of the field of view and then reset, meaning no trigger.

I think during the day you could make the minimum size a lot bigger also and that will eliminate many of the shade and leave triggers.

Reaction score
PR picked up a couple of plates, but still getting a lot more non plate snapshots... and still not the first alert in BI.

1722985315260.png

This is Rekor since I changed the settings earlier today. PR missed this one at 4:20 pm.

1722985480516.png

Reaction score
Our PTZ picked up this car going by, but no alert for the LPR camera. I looked at the LPR and it captured the plate when I freezed the frame.

The second photo is what Plate Recognizer captured... a bit too soon for the plate. OTOH... Rekor did not capture anything. I guess I can at least know when there is a car coming by at night that I can search the LPR camera and hopefully be able to see the plate if ever needed.

Hopefully, it won't ever been needed... hasn't in 24 years of living here, but we never know.

1723093152967.png

1723093212712.png