Remote Access failing but...

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so my IP address changed somehow, I do not pay for a static IP address via my cable provider, yet in years my IP did not change.

Anyways, BI was not connecting obviously. I got the new IP address. I couldnt update the app with just changing the IP address so I created a new server, and now that works. I can access it using the IP address with the fwd port on a web browser.

Yet within the BI set up tool, I keep failing on the remote Access test screen.

Any ideas?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you get a firmware pushed to your modem that made some changes in your setup by chance? Go to canyouseeme.org and put in your IP address and see if your BI port is open. If it is, check your router/firewall configs to ensure you are forwarding to the correct machine BI is running on.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its a rental cable company modem - no idea what firmware it has, when its been updated last, etc. The BI Port is open on canyouseeme - again the app works, I can log in via a browser, etc. Just doing the set up that remote access test screen is failing. Seems odd, no?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a rental cable company modem - no idea what firmware it has, when its been updated last, etc. The BI Port is open on canyouseeme - again the app works, I can log in via a browser, etc. Just doing the set up that remote access test screen is failing. Seems odd, no?
if its working who cares that the test is failing...

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because I want to make sure its not a fluke and set up properly so I do not have this issue again (anytime soon at least). Figured maybe I was missing a step or not understanding something.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe that BI attempts to open your router port via UPnP and if it isn't able to, it fails setup. I could be wrong but it would explain why your wizard fails yet you still have access remote. In any case, you originally had a problem because your IP changed which has nothing to do with BI setup so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agree that the change in IP address was the culprit. I guess for now I'll just let it be. Could be due to the UPnP too.