Remote access needed! Help please.

Rickyjr80

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 ptz cameras hooked up to a mobile phone hotspot. And extender. The hotspot hast internet. How do I gain remote access? Give me the correct answer and send your cash app and I'll tip you. Thanks in advance.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Simple way that is very insecure and not recommended is to scan whatever QR code came with the cameras and use the associated app for the camera manufacturer.

Rickyjr80

n3wb
Reaction score
Simple way that is very insecure and not recommended is to scan whatever QR code came with the cameras and use the associated app for the camera manufacturer.
That doesn't gain me remote access unless I'm just not being patient

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These cameras can be data hogs if trying to pass a 4k mainstream and a mobile hotspot may not have the bandwidth. And the extender may not have the capability either. Real world and theoretical capacity are two different things.

Give more specifics - make/model of cameras and speed/provider of hotspot.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to known the IP address to remote connect to a network. On a cell network this address keeps changing.

Look at ngok or Hamachi for remote access to a home cellular network (I have NOT used these) .

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I do not want your money or tip, as most people here. But, why do we have to ask 50 questions about your problem?
Give us a clue as to what you are working on, like, MFG, MAKE,Model etc. How about some IP NUMBERS etc.

The analogy is equal to I have a car and it does not work. What is wrong?

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I do not want your money or tip, as most people here. But, why do we have to ask 50 questions about your problem?
Give us a clue as to what you are working on, like, MFG, MAKE,Model etc. How about some IP NUMBERS etc.

The analogy is equal to I have a car and it does not work. What is wrong?
The answer is: Muffler bearing ran out of NOS and your blinker fluid resevoir may have contracted covid. :lol:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
The answer is: Muffler bearing ran out of NOS and your blinker fluid resevoir may have contracted covid. :lol:
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State." -Fletch

Rickyjr80

n3wb
Reaction score
The tip will be $10-$20 bucks dude I didn't have to offer anything. Anyway I didn't know more info was needed. I assumed there was a general method. But I have to regular PTZ ip Cameras. One is 3mp the other 5mp. I have a Cellphone with 10GB of hotspot data that stays home. I can connect fine when I am home connected to the wifi network. I want to remote access the cameras remotely while camera is still connected to the Cellphone hotspot with a separate cellphone.

Rickyjr80

n3wb
Reaction score
10-20 bucks and I didn't have to offer so either trust me or don't help. I'll know it's right because it'll work!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Who makes the cameras? And 10GB of hotspot data is nothing LOL. That is a couple hours of mainstream viewing.

Reaction score
So a little more info about your system might help. On the home network, do you have an NVR or a PC running cam software? How are you storing the video? If you have an NVR there is usually an app to use your cell phone to log in.

On the hotspot, are you connecting the cams to it via WIFI? Or do you have a POE switch that they are plugged in to and the switch is then plugged into the hotspot?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess you want a P2P connection. Read this 1st. If this is what you want, well..... This might not be safe and one might have to set-up a VPN.
Let us know...