Remote access to a Hikvision 7600 series NVR

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all

A colleague of mine who had also had his work truck broken into decided to install some IP cameras to watch his truck. As he was incredibly computer unsavvy, he opted to go with a Hikvision NVR off Aliexpress along with 3 DS2432F cameras. To his credit he's gotten all the cameras mounted, run the CAT6 droppers back to his study and connected to the NVR. He's also setup the NVR for record on motion detection. I gave him a hand the other night to setup the remaining things such as emailing out on motion recording and remote access. His iPad on the home wifi is able to connect to the NVR using Hikvision iVMS-4500. Now this is where it went a bit askew. His ADSL connection goes through a D-link DSL-G604T ADSL wifi modem router. I'd setup the port forwarding of ports 80, 8000, 554 and 1024 to his NVR IP address. I'd also tried setting up ddns with HikDNS as well as dyndns.org and also the IP address directly but can't for the life of me access the NVR. A couple of things which I'm not too sure of and still need to confirm is whether his ISP allows incoming connections or whether port forwarding is working on his modem/router.

Was just wanting to know if anyone else has had an success with access a Hikvision NVR remotely?

Thanks in advance.

camwhore

n3wb
Reaction score
Given what you've already done, first thing I'd do is get him to visit www.grc.com and run ShieldsUp to scan his ports and see what is open to the Internet on his IP. This will tell you if the forwards you've set are actually working or not first off.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of things. As camwhore pointed out, test the port, I use canyouseeme.org. Some isp's don't wont let your forward port 80, so change the http port to something else like 8585. Second, test the remote connection via a phone/tablet/pc that is not connected to the same network. You may be experiencing a nat/loopback issue, this is very common in isp issued modem router combos http://opensimulator.org/wiki/NAT_Loopback_Routers

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In addition to fenderman's suggestion, I would also use another port besides 554 for the rtsp, I believe Verizon and AT&T blocks it for mobile viewing.

After you successfully got the machine working with external IP, then I would try to work the DDNS.

You can use a free ddns service from our company, i'll pm you the link (its really suppose to be for our customers). I think its easier to use than hiddns, you just have to use dyndns.com as the Type though.

burtonvdp

n3wb
Reaction score
In addition to fenderman's suggestion, I would also use another port besides 554 for the rtsp, I believe Verizon and AT&T blocks it for mobile viewing.

After you successfully got the machine working with external IP, then I would try to work the DDNS.

You can use a free ddns service from our company, i'll pm you the link (its really suppose to be for our customers). I think its easier to use than hiddns, you just have to use dyndns.com as the Type though.
I know this is an old post but I wanted to post and verify that AT&T Mobile network (At least in CA) does not work with port 554. I couldn't figure out why I could access my camera from a remote (Not local to camera) WiFi but not from my mobile network. I changed it to 555 and it worked fine. I use duckDNS for my service.