Remote Access to Camera/NVR web GUI

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How can we setup a system so that we can log into a camera/nvr/radio from off site? Currently client uses a server for recording and something like log me in to access the device and everything on the network.

We are proposing NVRs which will remove that capability. How do we bring that function back?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you purchase the correct NVR, your not removing that capability. What software is being used on the server currently?
If it's Blue Iris, an NVR would be a downgrade.

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which NVR is going to let us log into any network device?

The old server is running Ubiquiti software.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR doesn't have anything to do whether or not you can get into the rest of the network devices, as long as the network is setup correctly.

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lol. First you say if we use the correct nvr we dont loose that functionality. Then you say the nvr had nothing to do with it, which i knew but thought maybe there was some device I was unaware of.

So back to the original question. How to get remote access to the network. VPN seems to be the best solution i can come up with.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How can we setup a system so that we can log into a camera/nvr/radio from off site? Currently client uses a server for recording and something like log me in to access the device and everything on the network.

We are proposing NVRs which will remove that capability. How do we bring that function back?

a vpn will allow you to do this...