Remote access to HIKVISION NVR

Reaction score
Hi,

We're moving to a new location (rural Fresno) and am using 4G LTE for internet. Configuration is fairly straightforward:
Netgear LB1120 4G LTE modem driving the WAN port on a TP-LINK ARCHER WiFi/Router. NVR is connected to LAN port on the WiFi/Router. Service is through Net Buddy, ATT is the provider.

I have a similar setup in San Jose except the internet access is through cable modem/Comcast. I set up DDNS on the NVR and registered with NO-IP and can view the cameras in San Jose from the rural location.

When I try to view my (rural) cameras from San Jose, it does not work. I was told that the issue is with ATT, the service provider.

Has anyone had success with a 4G LTE setup ?

BTW, I got the IP from logging into the 4G LTE modem, but it fails when I ping it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

We're moving to a new location (rural Fresno) and am using 4G LTE for internet. Configuration is fairly straightforward:
Netgear LB1120 4G LTE modem driving the WAN port on a TP-LINK ARCHER WiFi/Router. NVR is connected to LAN port on the WiFi/Router. Service is through Net Buddy, ATT is the provider.

I have a similar setup in San Jose except the internet access is through cable modem/Comcast. I set up DDNS on the NVR and registered with NO-IP and can view the cameras in San Jose from the rural location.

When I try to view my (rural) cameras from San Jose, it does not work. I was told that the issue is with ATT, the service provider.

Has anyone had success with a 4G LTE setup ?

BTW, I got the IP from logging into the 4G LTE modem, but it fails when I ping it.
you dont have a routeable external ip.
AT&T "HomeBase" for rural internet service