Remote access

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have not answered if OpenVPN is on your router or your computer? If it is on the router, you do not need it on the Computer.

Not sure if related or not, but this screenshot above is not OpenVPN?

1654732764392.png

Have you tried the OpenVPN app that would look more like this:

1654732816390.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dang that looks right.

I would now look at the rights privileges in BI. I couldn't access mine initially because the LAN only box was checked for the user.

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are referring to the box "bind exclusively" on the Web Server page in the LAN area it is unchecked. If it is something else I am not seeing it. There is a box in the WAN area that says "HTTPS LAN also" that is unchecked. I tried checking it with no luck

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see the " LAN only" in the edit user page. I am set up as admin and that box is not checked

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure the box LAN only isn't checked.

1654734036224.png

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not checked. Can't even get to sign in page like I can on LAN. Gotta be somewhere in the network connectivity but I don't know where else to look. So annoying but I can't give up.

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I installed the Open VOPN apps on the computer with the assistance of netgear support last week. I also have some VPN functionality within the modem. When done Netgear said all was working. I am not convinced. I called them several hours ago, like 5, and haven't got anywhere with their support other than to lose connectivity between the router and the modem. I am in hot water with the wife and need to get it working before she starts working tomorrow. Fortunately a hard wire to the modem still works. That is what I am doing now. May have to make up a 50' ethernet cable in AM and connect to a switch just so she can work. Hopefully netgear support will help resolve in AM but they can't until then. Last week I had same issue and they installed a dummy MAC address in router for connectivity. Crappy work-around as a power outage killed it.

Attached are shots from the VPN and DNS settings on the router

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you get to anything else on your network? Try to the web interface for one of the cams directly. That's an easy device to get to with a web server already running and without public/private network policy, firewall, etc. After connected via VPN, point a browser to the internal IP of the cam. If you have the cams blocked from the internet in some way, you'll probably need to turn that off first.