Remote Access

Zino

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been searching on the forum and have not found an solution.

I have BI V4

I have run the remote access wizard and it has no errors.
I went to the open port check tool (http://canyouseeme.org/) and it is successful.
i tried to view my cameras on my phone using the chrome web browser and no joy.

i cannot access it on my phone whether i am at home on wifi or away on 4G.

BI_Web Server TAP.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been searching on the forum and have not found an solution.

I have BI V4

I have run the remote access wizard and it has no errors.
I went to the open port check tool (http://canyouseeme.org/) and it is successful.
i tried to view my cameras on my phone using the chrome web browser and no joy.

i cannot access it on my phone whether i am at home on wifi or away on 4G.

View attachment 7644
Welcome to the forum. I deleted your image with the canyouseeme info for your protection. You have the ip address visible. I checked it for you. Its working properly.
Dont use the phones browser, use the Blue iris mobile app. Remember to enter the port as :1050 after the ip address. Also, if you are trying to connect with your phone while its on the same network as blue iris AND you have a modem/router combo this may be a nat loopback issue. If you change to cellular it will work.

Zino

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I deleted your image with the canyouseeme info for your protection. You have the ip address visible. I checked it for you. Its working properly.
Dont use the phones browser, use the Blue iris mobile app. Remember to enter the port as :1050 after the ip address. Also, if you are trying to connect with your phone while its on the same network as blue iris AND you have a modem/router combo this may be a nat loopback issue. If you change to cellular it will work.

Fenderman - thank you for the reply ... i thought i blacked out the ip address ... guess not..
I will have to see if i can access this remotely from work with a computer there ...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman - thank you for the reply ... i thought i blacked out the ip address ... guess not..
I will have to see if i can access this remotely from work with a computer there ...
It was listed twice and you only blacked it out once. If you intend to use blue iris, do yourself a HUGE favor and install the official blue iris app.

Zino

n3wb
Reaction score
It was listed twice and you only blacked it out once. If you intend to use blue iris, do yourself a HUGE favor and install the official blue iris app.

for my phone .. i will ... from work .. i cannot install any apps...
It looks like hik78 was able to get to the login page for BI, so i am hopeful that when i get to a computer off of my network that i can as well

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
for my phone .. i will ... from work .. i cannot install any apps...
It looks like hik78 was able to get to the login page for BI, so i am hopeful that when i get to a computer off of my network that i can as well
You will be able to, I was able to hit your page as well, its working fine. Are you using a modem/router combo? Are you entering the full ipaddress with the port in the browser?

Zino

n3wb
Reaction score
just went to the app store ... $9.99 for the app and i see some mixed reviews .. one says it was trying to force him to buy new desktop software ... one says alerts don't work ...
What is the consensus on this forum?

Zino

n3wb
Reaction score
You will be able to, I was able to hit your page as well, its working fine. Are you using a modem/router combo? Are you entering the full ipaddress with the port in the browser?
i am at home and on my network .. i will have to get to a computer that is not on this network to try ...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just went to the app store ... $9.99 for the app and i see some mixed reviews .. one says it was trying to force him to buy new desktop software ... one says alerts don't work ...
What is the consensus on this forum?
The app is worth more than 9.99. The app is one of the best features of blue iris. Its allows easy video review, change profiles, push alerts, and more. The idiots writing those reviews are pissed because after a year of supporting BI3 AND BI4, the app only supports BI4 (its still works with BI3, you simply cannot view an alert directly, you have to go to the clips and view it from there). They are being petty because they are told to spend a whooping 30 dollars (cost of the upgrade to BI4). BI3 has been out for 4 years, they got their moneys worth and are being cheap. Consider the cost of your cams/pc etc 10 dollars is a joke. Whats the point of having vms if you dont cant remotely view it? You will not have a good experience even if you could get it working on a phone browser.

Zino

n3wb
Reaction score
The app is worth more than 9.99. The app is one of the best features of blue iris. Its allows easy video review, change profiles, push alerts, and more. The idiots writing those reviews are pissed because after a year of supporting BI3 AND BI4, the app only supports BI4 (its still works with BI3, you simply cannot view an alert directly, you have to go to the clips and view it from there). They are being petty because they are told to spend a whooping 30 dollars (cost of the upgrade to BI4). BI3 has been out for 4 years, they got their moneys worth and are being cheap. Consider the cost of your cams/pc etc 10 dollars is a joke. Whats the point of having vms if you dont cant remotely view it? You will not have a good experience even if you could get it working on a phone browser.

Thanks, the cost is not an issue here .. if it works and is good .. then as you say $10 is nothing ..

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What Fenderman said. It works, it's great, it's a deal at ten bucks. I use it about a dozen times a day. No worries.