Remote configuration

Reaction score
Hello, for various reasons I cannot use the Hikvision cloud to manage my NVR, so I was advised to configure Port Fordwarding on port 8000 (better if changing the port to a different one) of my router, in order to reach it.
Everything OK, it works, I see my cameras!! but if I click on the wheel to see the remote configuration it doesn't work, it crashes.

Question: How can I get remote configuration to work to remotely configure the device parameters such as basic information, time settings, recording schedule, etc?
Do i have to open another TCP port?
Where can i specify this port?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I was advised to configure Port Fordwarding on port 8000
Perhaps by someone who'd like to see the device, and your LAN, getting hacked!

Check this out :

Suggestion - take a look at how to set up VPN remote access. This is much more secure than letting the entire internet access your NVR.
Loads of threads and posts on the topic here.

ipcamuser11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Press F12, look for what ports the browser is communicating with the camera, then forward those ports too

But as @alastairstevenson said, you should not do this

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can do cloud remote configuration if you add NVR to Hik-Proconnect(Hik-PartnerPro new name). It is usually for installers but any end user can use it as well

Sjoeltje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question: How can I get remote configuration to work to remotely configure the device parameters such as basic information, time settings, recording schedule, etc?
Do i have to open another TCP port?
Where can i specify this port?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

I have the same problem.
In Hik-Connect app when connecting to Remote Configuration it gives an error: Connection failed. Everything else on the app is working good.

Anyone have any idea?

Screenshot_20230829_190412.jpg

Screenshot_20230829_190737.jpg