Remote Live Stream

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having a weird issue that I can't seem to solve, I apologize if this has been already asked.

I'm have a bunch of cameras that are hard wired and reporting back to a onsite computer. Computer runs at 30-40 percent with 8 cameras. My original issue was unexplained random camera drop out, but I resolved the issue by blocking IPV6, these Chinese hikvision cameras don't seem to play nice with that protocol!

Now that these cameras stay on and are not dropping out, I'm having a issue with the live streaming. I enter the IP address (at a different location) and enter the login credentials, and I can see my 8 cameras. I made a change with some settings, can't remember what now, but it had to do with the remote live stream resolution of the cameras being viewed.

My issue: while watching the remote live stream from a PC that's offsite from the location of the cameras, the window will go black after 2-4 hours. It seems to be some sort of crash with the web viewer. I've been using firefox, tried IE and even chrome, they all seem to crash and I lose my video feed. This is easily fixed by refreshing the browser and re-logging in, but ultimately will crash again.

I also installed the Blue Iris Companion on the offsite PC to see if that would be a workaround. I haven't seen it, but my client says it will also crash too, and in addition, he didn't like the smaller video this app displayed.

I hate windows 10, I'm thinking it has to do with the OS system killing my live streaming feed, but I have been wrong before. Any help is much appreciated

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could try my UI2 interface (linked in my signature below) in Blue Iris.

It may automatically recover from whatever is killing your web view.

Reaction score
Thank you, this looks very promising! This UI2 also looks way better than the stock webviewer. Why hasn't Blue Iris gobbled this up yet so they can call it their own? You should be drinking cocktails on the beach of your private island!

If this works, I'll donate to your paypal fund. Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This UI2 also looks way better than the stock webviewer. Why hasn't Blue Iris gobbled this up yet so they can call it their own? You should be drinking cocktails on the beach of your private island!
:goodpost:

Haha. If only people with lots of money valued my work so highly.

I actually disagree that UI2 should be included with Blue Iris. I mean, certainly it is better than jpegpull.htm. But I didn't try very hard to make UI2 simple and intuitive beyond the most basic things like maximizing a camera and playing a clip.

I contacted Ken (the guy who builds Blue Iris) about this a year ago. We agreed to have me build a new web interface for him. This has been coming along nicely, despite Ken being very unresponsive to communication about it. I do not know when it will be ready, but it is coming eventually.