Remote View resolution issues?

NGL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello and thanks,

Finally all set up and now testing remote views.
I have 2 questions:

1. with regards to triggered alerts -- Am I correct that BI stores these in "chunks" of video? Meaning .. If I have 50 motion alerts in a day, I will end up with 1 large video file with all 50 together? I do not see individual (smaller) files being downloaded although I seem to get these in my email alerts.. I dont care either way just want to make sure I know it is doing what it is supposed to be doing..

2. When I log into my LAN and view a clip it seems like it is zooming in on the file so I only end up watching the bottom left corner of what was recorded.. if that makes sense? It seems like it is defaulting to a very low resolution and only letting me see 15-20 % of the actual video being played .. I can not seem to find a way to change this. I have tested on Ipad and second computer with the same issues but iphone works fine...

Thank you in advance for any tips and again, always appreciate the help here.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and thanks,

Finally all set up and now testing remote views.
I have 2 questions:

1. with regards to triggered alerts -- Am I correct that BI stores these in "chunks" of video? Meaning .. If I have 50 motion alerts in a day, I will end up with 1 large video file with all 50 together? I do not see individual (smaller) files being downloaded although I seem to get these in my email alerts.. I dont care either way just want to make sure I know it is doing what it is supposed to be doing..

2. When I log into my LAN and view a clip it seems like it is zooming in on the file so I only end up watching the bottom left corner of what was recorded.. if that makes sense? It seems like it is defaulting to a very low resolution and only letting me see 15-20 % of the actual video being played .. I can not seem to find a way to change this. I have tested on Ipad and second computer with the same issues but iphone works fine...

Thank you in advance for any tips and again, always appreciate the help here.
1. Yes and no...by default yes, but you can adjust this to your liking the the record tab, combine and cut.
2. That is strange, I dont know what could be causing that...are you using the ios app or browser only?

NGL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for the reply fenderman.

I am using the webserver only right now..
So if I am on my primary computer and want to watch live view .. I log into the IP address and everything is fine (clips on the left, live view in the big picture...)

.. then when I click on a clip (clip view) it zooms in and distorts.. I noticed in the advanced settings there is a section to dictate the quality and resolution on the webserver so I changed that to HD but still nothing..

Live view:

What I see in the clips when viewing remotely:

Last edited:

NGL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have now purchased the bi app and am having the same problems when viewing clips inside the app..

Has to be a setting somewhere but I can't find it..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have now purchased the bi app and am having the same problems when viewing clips inside the app..

Has to be a setting somewhere but I can't find it..
camera properties>video>360>no...you setup as a 360 camera...

NGL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bingo.
Thank you and solved.
I was just checking things out and saw the wall option so I picked it.

Thanks again!