Remote viewing/analog cards

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Hope someone can at least shed a bit of light on my questions.

I stumbled upon this software recently and I’m hoping to use it to upgrade a few analog DVR’s.
Will need to keep the existing coax and analog cameras as it is way to expensive to pull the new cable through. I understand video cards are extremely expensive but...
I read somewhere that there was a dahua DVR that was capable of receiving the analog cameras and then I could connect this to blue iris and view the cameras. Is this correct? I believe it was this model: DAX52A3N. Does anyone know if other hybrid DVRs are supported? All the DVR’s I want to upgrade are hybrid. What is the process for connecting blue iris to a DVR in this situation?

Last thing, the reason I am upgrading is that I really need the remote live view/playback to work. Have tried multiple different manufacturers at this stage and nothing seems to work well. Hikvision app is buggy, slow and crashes all the time. Dahua app gets errors every time I try to stream more then 1 camera
Here is my thought for getting blue iris to work, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Has to be connected via 4G router
Blue iris on computer with ports forwarded, no-ip dynamic update client running on the computer and then this directed to a no-ip domain. I could then just make a simple HTML page with the links to each individual domain and whoever wants to access can just use the HTML page.
Does this seem like it will work???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Hope someone can at least shed a bit of light on my questions.

I stumbled upon this software recently and I’m hoping to use it to upgrade a few analog DVR’s.
Will need to keep the existing coax and analog cameras as it is way to expensive to pull the new cable through. I understand video cards are extremely expensive but...
I read somewhere that there was a dahua DVR that was capable of receiving the analog cameras and then I could connect this to blue iris and view the cameras. Is this correct? I believe it was this model: DAX52A3N. Does anyone know if other hybrid DVRs are supported? All the DVR’s I want to upgrade are hybrid. What is the process for connecting blue iris to a DVR in this situation?

Last thing, the reason I am upgrading is that I really need the remote live view/playback to work. Have tried multiple different manufacturers at this stage and nothing seems to work well. Hikvision app is buggy, slow and crashes all the time. Dahua app gets errors every time I try to stream more then 1 camera
Here is my thought for getting blue iris to work, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Has to be connected via 4G router
Blue iris on computer with ports forwarded, no-ip dynamic update client running on the computer and then this directed to a no-ip domain. I could then just make a simple HTML page with the links to each individual domain and whoever wants to access can just use the HTML page.
Does this seem like it will work???
You could use any dahua/hik dvr....get a beefy one because some will choke sending multiple streams.
also see threads on dahua epoe, allowing you to use coax for ip cameras.
port forwarding any dvr/vms is dangerous.

Reaction score
You could use any dahua/hik dvr....get a beefy one because some will choke sending multiple streams.
also see threads on dahua epoe, allowing you to use coax for ip cameras.
port forwarding any dvr/vms is dangerous.
Thank you, managed to get everything to work today, now I just need to lock it down as you said. What is your suggestion for securing a blue iris remote connection then?