Remote viewing ddns

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just set up a small LTS system for a friend and am going to go the ddns/port forwarding route for remote viewing (I use a VPN so we can skip that part). When I went to set up the ddns portion of ivms-4500, the only option is HiDDNS which doesn't exist anymore; also, there are no options for general ddns services. For those of you still using ddns for remote viewing, what app/ddns are you using?
I used dvrlists.com for the ddns i set up today.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just set up a small LTS system for a friend and am going to go the ddns/port forwarding route for remote viewing (I use a VPN so we can skip that part). When I went to set up the ddns portion of ivms-4500, the only option is HiDDNS which doesn't exist anymore; also, there are no options for general ddns services. For those of you still using ddns for remote viewing, what app/ddns are you using?
I used dvrlists.com for the ddns i set up today.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
First you should let your friend know that it is a serious security risk to forward the ports. Anyone who says they dont care is an idiot, you can quote me on that.
If he still insists on being stupid, you can use no ip or ddns..or any other service supported by his router (or if he has an always on pc, there are many options using a client to update)...
in the app all he enters is the host name

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it better to use the Hik cloud to remote view rather than port forward?

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman, I couldn't agree more with you. However, my "friend" is a point-and-shoot type of person. She is technologically retarded so I am making it as simple as possible. If I set-up a vpn for her, I would be getting a phone call once a day that it isn't working (because she wouldn't be able to figure out to open the VPN as simple as it is) and I would have to convince her to get a new router.
I used dvrlists.com and set it up in the nvr, it says operating normally, but is not sync'ing the IP with the ddns.