Remotely triggering Flashing Alarm Light

Flash2020

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
In Hikvision camera with Flashing Alarm Light is there a way to turn it on remotely ? From Blue Iris for example.
I remember seeing posts about it , but of course when I need it I cant find it :)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No I’m looking for a way to do it from Blue Iris
I saw several posts where people did something similar, but just had no time to try to figure it out
Was hoping someone already did it and that would save me some time
I would encourage you to email support so that he could possibly add this function directly as cameras with alarm and strobe are becoming more popular. The more folks that make this request the better chance it will be implemented. This could be added by way of a button to the mobile apps or UI3 to manually trigger the alarm.

Flash2020

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not really looking for a button. I want it to be activates when BI detects motion. I can do motoin detection on the camera and turn on the light when motion is detected this way. But this camera really not that good in motion detection at least in my case. BI doing a much better job.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It would be best, IMO, to e-mail the developer because as @fenderman stated above, if implemented it would also likely be in the BI app.

In the interim, you'll need the API that will trigger the flashing light via HTTP command and I think that's the mystery component at this point.
Once you know that then BI can issue that command via HTTP over the network very easily once it is triggered by motion.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above. If you can figure out the API, you can call it in BI on motion. I have done that with a few Dahua cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not really looking for a button. I want it to be activates when BI detects motion. I can do motoin detection on the camera and turn on the light when motion is detected this way. But this camera really not that good in motion detection at least in my case. BI doing a much better job.
You can send audio directly from BI to the camera such as a custom warning message or the standard airhorn from BI using the alerts settings. Triggering the flashing light can be done as well with the proper command. I have done it before but not longer using that cam. You are correct that there is a post somewhere detailing how to do this.
That said, it would be even better if you can manually trigger it as well - for example if the camera is set to not trigger audio alerts during the day when traffic is expected but you want to scare off an individual .