Reolink doorbell, Blue iris and CPAI

XativaDavid

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a current model Reolink doorbell, a Hikvision bullet, and a EzViz PTZ connected and working perfectly with Blue Iris. For some reason I can´t understand, the AI works fine on the Hik and the EzViz but not at all on the Reolink. Surely if BI is seeing the Reolink and handing off triggers correctly on one or more cams, it should be doing so for all three? What am I missing?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have Reolink wifi doorbell. I am able to pass Reolink ONVIF event (person detection) to BI which triggers CP.AI .

Reolink person detection by itself is ok but, for me, to maximize reliability, I send event thru CP.AI as well.

P.S. Make sure you have ONVIF enabled in both Reolink and BI5.

Last edited:

XativaDavid

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It´s strange. I´ve discovered that BI is receiving the events, because if I ask it to run an AI analysis on a clip, it does so correctly. But in the alerts, instead of saying "person xx%" or "nothing found" it just says "motion".

Attachments

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@XativaDavid If you don't want "motion" alert, perhaps you should uncheck "Motion Zones" in your screenshot as a test.

I assume you want to trigger CP.AI with doorbell ONVIF events only.

You also need to share your camera Trigger tab and the 2 highlighted items below.
Uncheck "Motion sensor" in camera Trigger tab to see if "motion" alerts goes away.
Plus, it would help if you also shared AI details screenshot for doorbell ONVIF event.

trigger tab.png

Last edited:

XativaDavid

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I´ve unchecked motion sensor, here are the screenshots. I´ll report back late tomorrow when there have been more events.

1698965492125.png
1698965516556.png
1698965547200.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@XativaDavid Your first screenshot shows ONVIF error (upper right corner). I don't think BI5 is able to get any Reolink doorbell ONVIF events until you fix that.

Given your AI screen, I'm not sure I understand your configs.
Are you really trying to detect person, vehicle, bicycle, and animal with a doorbell camera?
Also multiple custom models, including license plate too?
And why static object analysis? Turning that on puts more load on CP.AI because you're telling BI5 to send an image to CP.AI every 120 secs (or some regular interval).

Last edited:

XativaDavid

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the input @actran. I´ll make those changes and see what happens, though I do want ALPR. I turned on static object analysis because my front gate was being consistently identified as a bus. Here´s a new shot of ONVIF events, looks better.
1699001650029.png

XativaDavid

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Still something amiss. Here´s a car correctly identified but no confirmed alert generated in BI.
1699177766537.png
[
{
"api":"objects",
"found":{
"success":true,
"count":1,
"predictions":[
{
"confidence":0.931256890296936,
"label":"car",
"x_min":121,
"y_min":1033,
"x_max":509,
"y_max":1222}
]
"message":"Found car",
"processMs":375,
"inferenceMs":375,
"code":200,
"command":"detect",
"moduleId":"ObjectDetectionYolo",
"executionProvider":"CUDA",
"analysisRoundTripMs":404}
}
{
"api":"alpr",
"found":{
"success":true,
"predictions":[
]
"message":"No plates found",
"processMs":113,
"inferenceMs":101,
"code":200,
"command":"alpr",
"moduleId":"ALPR",
"executionProvider":"CPU",
"analysisRoundTripMs":176}
}

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^If that is your field of view of the camera you want to use ALPR, it is the wrong camera and the wrong field of view.

Try unchecking the box "begin analysis with leading edge" as the leading edge could be most of the car behind that brick wall.

XativaDavid

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thank you @wittaj. I´m not trying to capture passing vehicles, only those which turn in towards the black gate. I did have "begin analysis with motion-leading image" checked, I´ve now unchecked it, good thought.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@XativaDavid Look at your AI configs again, the AI details screenshot identifies a "car". That is NOT in your list of "To confirm" objects.

IMHO, your AI settings is suboptimal because you have specified multiple custom models and using default object detection as well.
Normally, use 1 custom model and turn off default object detection or use default object detection only.

P.S. It's unlikely you will get license plates reliably and/or consistently with current camera. Usually successful ALPR setup requires a dedicated varifocal camera properly positioned and zoomed. I have ALPR working on my side so I am speaking from experience.

Last edited:

XativaDavid

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@actran I´m really happy to have this input from folk more knowledgeable than I (i.e. most people ;)). I had object detection unchecked under the cam´s motion sensor options and I´ve now unchecked default object detection in BI´s general settings/AI tab as well.
Although Car was not in my list of to confirm objects, I did have car listed in "mark as vehicle", and vehicle in "To confirm" - was that me making a false assumption?