Reolink Duo / Dual-Lens 150° FOV, 4MP/2K : review of nighttime image captures by securitybros

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
securitybros on Youtube reviewed the following on Sep 18, 2021

REOLINK PoE Security Camera Outdoor System, IP Camera with Dual-Lens 150° FOV, Smart Human/Vehicle Detection, 4MP/2K Color Night Vision, Two Way Talk, Up to 256GB Micro SD Card, Reolink Duo PoE

I will take a few screen shots of some key image captures for illustrative purposes .. I do not plan to review his entire commentary. ( note, often I have posted similar Reolink topics in the Chit Chat section .. feel free to search for more of these .. )

1660857152442.png

ref:

update:
One of the main Reolink threads here:

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The biggest issue I have with this camera is that there is no benefit to this vs a dual sensor camera like the 'boobie cam'.
Look at each camera angle, those are awful angles with soo much space wasted. Better off buying a dual sensor camera where both cameras can articulate for a better viewing angle.
1660859656683.png 1660859630818.png

The Hikvison/Dahua version at least stitches the video together to make it worthwhile being two imaging sensors at fixed angles.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As always, thanks for taking the time to dissect these!

And wow that has to be some of the worse color static images we have seen recently from a Reolink. Usually their static image is good, but the motion is poor at night. That just looks horrible.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Great captures as always. A picture speaks a thousand words

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hikvison/Dahua version at least stitches the video together to make it worthwhile being two imaging sensors at fixed angles.
Hi Mark, are you referring to this? IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2
So one using BI could get a single stream with a combined video from both lenses?

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Mark, are you referring to this? IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2
So one using BI could get a single stream with a combined video from both lenses?
That camera is two individual streams. That is logical because the lenses are not hard fixed into position.

I'm comparing to the new [Hikvision] DS-2CD2T87G2P-LSU/SL and [Dahua] PFW5849-A180-ASTE which is a fixed position dual lens camera like the Reolink Duo.

This is the Dahua version which stitches the video into one:
Bullet 180 degress camera is out now.
(Photo from @EMPIRETECANDY )

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So which one of these dual cameras works best in BlueIris? Was looking at installing one infront. Was eyeing the hikvision ds-2cd2387g2p.

T_Tronix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you think the new Reolink Duo 2 give the same issues?