Reolink Duo II PoE Signal Loss in Blue Iris 5

standav

n3wb
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm looking for some advice on a peculiar issue I'm having.

I recently moved two of my Reolink RLC 820As to Duo 2 PoE's. The 820's never had any LoS issues. Since replacing, I am constantly having short-duration LoS on the Duo II PoE's. It does not matter if I'm using main or sub to monitor.

Strangely, if I monitor the cameras from the Reolink app, I don't see signal loss events - I watch them real-time side-by-side, but in BI I'm seeing a disturbing number of drops. See the attached BI log.

Cable is only about 2 years old and pretty short cat 6A runs of maybe 75 feet.

I'd like to know if anyone else is having the same issue.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Other than reolinks generally don't play well with BI, that camera seems to be even more problematic...here is just a sampling of that camera with the same issues...return it and get the Dahua or Hik 180 or a reolink NVR lol.

standav

n3wb
Reaction score
Well shucks...I really like the 180 degree visibility. Annke has one, any thoughts on it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Watch the clock in the app stream very closely and see if things slow down or stop for a moment. BI isn't as tolerant of small drops/delays and will throw up the errors and won't reconnect as quickly so you'll notice it a lot more in BI if that's happening. I see it a lot with some little Wyze cams that I have around as fill-ins. They'll stay looking like they're connected but I can see the time stop or they'll start lagging real time or otherwise have some drop out.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm looking for some advice on a peculiar issue I'm having.

I recently moved two of my Reolink RLC 820As to Duo 2 PoE's. The 820's never had any LoS issues. Since replacing, I am constantly having short-duration LoS on the Duo II PoE's. It does not matter if I'm using main or sub to monitor.

Strangely, if I monitor the cameras from the Reolink app, I don't see signal loss events - I watch them real-time side-by-side, but in BI I'm seeing a disturbing number of drops. See the attached BI log.

Cable is only about 2 years old and pretty short cat 6A runs of maybe 75 feet.

I'd like to know if anyone else is having the same issue.
Turn off RTSP keep alives in Video - Configure

I have 2 Duo II's and they functionally work fine.

standav

n3wb
Reaction score
It's been a few hours and no signal loss. Look,ing very good good so far. Thanks for the guidance, Greg!

Gonna have a look at some of the fancier cameras referenced earlier for my next deployment.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, can you upload your configuration?
I have some problem with this camera.
Thanks
Have you configured in the camera webpage UI for the RTSP and ONVIF ports to be open? Screenshot attached for what those should be.
reolink_duo2_poe_portsettings.jpg
In BI, my video settings are attached.
reolink_duo2_poe_video.jpg