Reolink E1 Pro

gixerman

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought I would try the new Reolink E1 Pro Wifi Cameras. have had nothing but problems, the communication remotely through android has been inconsistent at best. We took cameras to new location, same problems. The cameras sometimes work when on same network as the phone running app, but that is pointless. The cameras are new and flawed, customer service absolutely terrible. Avoid these new cameras at all costs. I am in the process of getting an RMA. I will be looking for different cameras.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I would try the new Reolink E1 Pro Wifi Cameras. have had nothing but problems, the communication remotely through android has been inconsistent at best. We took cameras to new location, same problems. The cameras sometimes work when on same network as the phone running app, but that is pointless. The cameras are new and flawed, customer service absolutely terrible. Avoid these new cameras at all costs. I am in the process of getting an RMA. I will be looking for different cameras.
If you would have done a little research on here before hand, you would know this.
Study this closely: Cliff Notes
Avoid anything that use's Wifi.
Reolink anything is junk.

gixerman

n3wb
Reaction score
Ik Ik I just found this site.. will need to find better cameras that work..will research here best I can. I thought maybe new meant working... lol not

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ik Ik I just found this site.. will need to find better cameras that work..will research here best I can. I thought maybe new meant working... lol not
Just to expand on it a little, wifi or not can depend on the need and the location. In my own personal experiences, wifi wouldn't work on cameras outside the house but do work great inside the home. Of course it would depend on a lot of things like which cameras you use, the interior wall material, the quality of the rest of your equipment etc. The camera is just a small piece of the overall solution.

But the summary of Reolink being unreliable junk is pretty common and accurate imho.

wodman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Totally agree re wifi as a no go but testing something and to my surprise been working fine (so far).

Using a tp-link wifi extender in a gazebo few hundred feet from inside house router. I first tried using several power line adapters but too far a power run to panel. Figured what the heck-wasn't willing to bury a cable and extender been collecting dust anyway....lol

gixerman

n3wb
Reaction score
In the house cams. I had a few cheap Sotion cams that worked for years but I think they stopped supporting app, so I tried these E1.. just not reliable at all..