Reolink RLC 410 and Blue Iris

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well as I have said I'm running mine at high, recording 24x7 with zero issues under BI. So there are at least 3 people posting on this thread that seem to have gotten them working fine under BI. They do fall short for night moving objects and that is the reason I'm replacing the couple that will be facing the street with Starlights.

The Dahua's that I have have their own interface inconsistencies. Plus having to buy them mostly from Andy and not from a USA reseller with support means you are kinda on your own on figuring out some of the settings and what they actually do under IVS. But I usually dig in and tinker and check things out and am usually able to get them going. I think I was the first to show a basic setup of getting tracking working on the 59225 PTZ. Still needs some tinkering to adjust for slow vs. fast moving objects though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dahua's that I have have their own interface inconsistencies. Plus having to buy them mostly from Andy and not from a USA reseller with support means you are kinda on your own on figuring out some of the settings and what they actually do under IVS. But I usually dig in and tinker and check things out and am usually able to get them going. I think I was the first to show a basic setup of getting tracking working on the 59225 PTZ. Still needs some tinkering to adjust for slow vs. fast moving objects though.
Interface inconsistencies? really? How OCD are you?
Rely on support forum and vs reolink "support" where the lie about KNOWN issues and further lie as to the reason they refuse to implement a fix...

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPC-HFW4431M-I2
upload_2017-1-23_16-39-20.png
SD29204T-GN
upload_2017-1-23_16-40-7.png
DH-SD59225U-HNI
upload_2017-1-23_16-41-2.png

OCD??? I don't think so.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
each of those cameras comes from a different generations and different product lines.. your totally OCD.

I guess they should just stop trying to add features, models, and pricepoints just so you have peace of mind.. How's Windows98 working out for you these days?

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
each of those cameras comes from a different generations and different product lines.. your totally OCD.
Ok different product lines, kinda makes sense. But regarding generations haven't the two PTZ's just been released within the last year, if that's what you mean by generations? Just wanting to know. Shouldn't it be close to the same steps to setup say intrusion detection if they both have it?

Also I am not dissatisfied with the cameras at all. Just was pointing out that there are things different in all the camera brands that you need to get acquainted with.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
one's intelligent w/autotracking, the other is not.. they have different capabilities all together.. looks pretty consistent to me considering one's a $150 Cheap Consumer grade and the other is a $550 commercial grade.

The SD29204T-GN is a late 2015 model, the DH-SD59225U-HNI is a late 2016 model.. different generations even though you bought em both in the same year.. if they were same generation the'd of been announced together; they were not or your mini-ptz would be a starlight.

now if you bought all the same models and seen this; then perhaps you'd have some ground to stand on.. but tha'd be an easy firmware update.

Last edited:

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I guess they should just stop trying to add features, models, and pricepoints just so you have peace of mind.. How's Windows98 working out for you these days?[/QUOTE
one's intelligent w/autotracking, the other is not.. they have different capabilities all together.. looks pretty consistent to me considering one's a $150 Cheap Consumer grade and the other is a $550 commercial grade.

The SD29204T-GN is a late 2015 model, the DH-SD59225U-HNI is a late 2016 model.. different generations even though you bought em both in the same year.. if they were same generation the'd of been announced together; they were not or your mini-ptz would be a starlight.

now if you bought all the same models and seen this; then perhaps you'd have some ground to stand on.. but tha'd be an easy firmware update.
I'm not saying I have issues with dahuas and you seem to think that's what I meant, sorry if it was seen that way. I am able to set them up and use them just fine and they are my preferred cameras. :)

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its is FACT. Many users reporting problems. Search the threads on this forum alone. Are those folks lying? Running BASELINE profile is NOT a solution. Furthermore, Reolink lied to its users. You have to be pretty stupid to buy their garbage after that (even before that, they are no name junk). There are much better options for Dahua. They are a garbage toy company.
This information is outdated. Since the most recent firmware, running the cameras in high or main with hardware acceleration enabled presents no issues. I have been doing so and have seen no more or less problems with the stream as I do with my Hik which is more likely due to noise on my network.

Yes, Dahua represents a better product overall, but their cost up until recently may have been too high for some. And some folks may feel uncomfortable buying cameras that virtually no retailers sell and having difficult access to firmware.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but name calling is something else. One could say Blue Iris is garbage because it's poorly coded requiring nearly twice the CPU cycles to do the same job XProtect can do so only a stupid person would spend unnecessary funds on computer hardware. Of course this isn't true; Blue Iris makes a great product which I use myself, but like anything it has its drawbacks.

It's interesting that Foscam has a forum, though their products are far inferior and I've lost count as to how many times they've lied to customers. My favorite was when they denied cameras were dialing to IP addresses in China despite folks having pages of logs from their routers showing otherwise.

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, Dahua represents a better product overall, but their cost up until recently may have been too high for some. And some folks may feel uncomfortable buying cameras that virtually no retailers sell and having difficult access to firmware.
You mean like Nelly's, BHPHoto, Wrightwood Survelence, Lorex/FLIR, Amcrest, and many others whom all sell dahua? The firmware is not difficult to obtain, its posted all over Dahua's sites and other sites too and your vendors can get em.. End users really should not be applying firmware updates without instruction to fix a particular problem.. people see updates and they think they have to have it, when the vast majority of the times all they are doing is putting there hardware at risk without any gains at all.

The've been cheaper than Hikvision's for a good long while because you can import international models without worry or issue... and if you want to get some in the ReoLink plastic junk price range you can get Chinese Market models for as little as $65

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From what I understand, none of those vendors are authorized according to Dahua, but stand corrected if they are excluding the rebrands of course.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
B&H Photo certainly is: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/partner.php?cid=2

Ive paid alot extra to buy from authorized distributers before; was a total waste of money.. unauthorized vendors can provide there own warranty/support thats often superior to the big distributors.. There's practically zero advantage from buying from authorized because Dahua's not going to give you direct end user support either way; thats always the vendors job for OEM gear.. If you want consumer level support, buy a Lorex/AmCrest

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This information is outdated. Since the most recent firmware, running the cameras in high or main with hardware acceleration enabled presents no issues. I have been doing so and have seen no more or less problems with the stream as I do with my Hik which is more likely due to noise on my network.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but name calling is something else. One could say Blue Iris is garbage because it's poorly coded requiring nearly twice the CPU cycles to do the same job XProtect can do so only a stupid person would spend unnecessary funds on computer hardware. Of course this isn't true; Blue Iris makes a great product which I use myself, but like anything it has its drawbacks.

It's interesting that Foscam has a forum, though their products are far inferior and I've lost count as to how many times they've lied to customers. My favorite was when they denied cameras were dialing to IP addresses in China despite folks having pages of logs from their routers showing otherwise.
The fact that reolink lied to its customer base on this forum is not outdated. In fact the firmware update that you got is likely the result of posts on this forum....
With respect to Blue Iris it does not use double the CPU as xprotect .... particularly if you use Hardware acceleration. Also you need to compare apples to apples. Xprotect defaults in camera motion detection which is practically useless. Try making the comparison when using software-based motion detection.
There's absolutely no reason to be purchasing reolink cameras today. Garbage cameras from q garbage company... I think you suffer from what many users here suffer from and that is the inability to admit that you purchase a subpar product. You feel the need to justify the purchase at any cost. It is important for me to warn others to stay away from this kind of garbage so they don't end up like the many Huisun and Longse users who got hoswd by shitty cameras, that members who were raving about after owning them for a few months.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I'm thinking on buying a reolink any recommendations ?

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The fact that reolink lied to its customer base on this forum is not outdated. In fact the firmware update that you got is likely the result of posts on this forum....
With respect to Blue Iris it does not use double the CPU as xprotect .... particularly if you use Hardware acceleration. Also you need to compare apples to apples. Xprotect defaults in camera motion detection which is practically useless. Try making the comparison when using software-based motion detection.
There's absolutely no reason to be purchasing reolink cameras today. Garbage cameras from q garbage company... I think you suffer from what many users here suffer from and that is the inability to admit that you purchase a subpar product. You feel the need to justify the purchase at any cost. It is important for me to warn others to stay away from this kind of garbage so they don't end up like the many Huisun and Longse users who got hoswd by shitty cameras, that members who were raving about after owning them for a few months.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not suffering from anything and hardly unable to admit I bought a subpar product. Spending a little over a $150 for 2 new Dahuas and 15 minutes setting them up would not represent any kind of burden on me, but I don't see the need. I actually prefer my Reolinks to my Hikvision, but see no need to replace the HIk either as ultimately, all 3 cameras are doing their job.

Yes, Reolink likely updated their firmware due to posts on this forum and that's a good thing which is why important discussions like this should not be closed down or descend to name calling. Having more options to choose from is never a bad thing and having a manufacturer actually pay attention to posts on a forum is also not a bad thing. You do make a good point though with regards to taking a chance on a newer company, but for such a small dollar amount, it seems worth it as this is the only way new players will ever have a chance.

If you truly feel the way you do, the Foscam forum should not exist. I know a lot of folks own them, but if Reolinks are garbage, Foscams are the scum at the bottom of the can. I'm sure we can at least agree on that :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you truly feel the way you do, the Foscam forum should not exist. I know a lot of folks own them, but if Reolinks are garbage, Foscams are the scum at the bottom of the can. I'm sure we can at least agree on that :)
Every house needs a toilet to shit in.. this is a 2 bathroom house, the other shitter's in the Huisun subforum.

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm thinking on buying a reolink any recommendations ?
I have the RLC-410s and happy with them, but Dahuas can be had for the same price these days so I would go with them. The Starlight Turrets in particular are a great bargain.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the RLC-410s and happy with them, but Dahuas can be had for the same price these days so I would go with them. The Starlight Turrets in particular are a great bargain.
What do you think of this one

AutoFocus IP Camera,4-Megapixel 1440P POE Security IP Camera 4X Optical Motorized Zoom Outdoor Bullet, Built-in 16GB Micro SD Card,2560x1440, Night Vision 80-110ft, E-mail Alert(RLC-411S ) Amazon.com : Reolink AutoFocus IP Camera, 4-Megapixel 1440P POE Security IP Camera 4X Optical Motorized Zoom Outdoor Bullet, Built-in 16GB Micro SD Card, 2560x1440, Night Vision 80-110ft, E-mail Alert(RLC-411S ) : Office Products

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What do you think of this one

AutoFocus IP Camera,4-Megapixel 1440P POE Security IP Camera 4X Optical Motorized Zoom Outdoor Bullet, Built-in 16GB Micro SD Card,2560x1440, Night Vision 80-110ft, E-mail Alert(RLC-411S ) Amazon.com : Reolink AutoFocus IP Camera, 4-Megapixel 1440P POE Security IP Camera 4X Optical Motorized Zoom Outdoor Bullet, Built-in 16GB Micro SD Card, 2560x1440, Night Vision 80-110ft, E-mail Alert(RLC-411S ) : Office Products
If you're planning to use Blue Iris, I don't believe the zoom works so pretty much useless as compared to something with a fixed lens.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're planning to use Blue Iris, I don't believe the zoom works so pretty much useless as compared to something with a fixed lens.
Why wouldn't the zoom work? That was the hole reason I wanted it for the zoom

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not suffering from anything and hardly unable to admit I bought a subpar product. Spending a little over a $150 for 2 new Dahuas and 15 minutes setting them up would not represent any kind of burden on me, but I don't see the need. I actually prefer my Reolinks to my Hikvision, but see no need to replace the HIk either as ultimately, all 3 cameras are doing their job.

Yes, Reolink likely updated their firmware due to posts on this forum and that's a good thing which is why important discussions like this should not be closed down or descend to name calling. Having more options to choose from is never a bad thing and having a manufacturer actually pay attention to posts on a forum is also not a bad thing. You do make a good point though with regards to taking a chance on a newer company, but for such a small dollar amount, it seems worth it as this is the only way new players will ever have a chance.

I don't understand what the foscam forum has to do with this...You might be willing to waste your money on the new guy to give them a chance but that is hardly a reason to recommend them... Reliability should be at the top of the list...I have no problem calling out a lying company....That's the only way they will learn...No reason to be diplomatic with liars...They will learn soon enough not to come here and blow smoke up are asses...