Reolink RLC-423 PTZ not working...

lightmind

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got a Reolink RLC-423 IP PTZ dome camera. I have set it up in BI (onvif) and the picture is very good. I cannot get the PTZ to work in BI though. No listing for this manufacturer, tried many configs from the drop-down list but no luck. I have an Axis with PTZ that works fine. Anyone have any suggestions? I have contacted the manufacturer but no response yet.

Thanks in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got a Reolink RLC-423 IP PTZ dome camera. I have set it up in BI (onvif) and the picture is very good. I cannot get the PTZ to work in BI though. No listing for this manufacturer, tried many configs from the drop-down list but no luck. I have an Axis with PTZ that works fine. Anyone have any suggestions? I have contacted the manufacturer but no response yet.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum. OXML is the onvif protocol option..have you tried that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an Axis with PTZ; it's working fine...
The user name in the camera properties...the actual camera user name that you need to enter into blue iris for that specific camera. If that user does not have ptz rights it wont work.

lightmind

n3wb
Reaction score
OK... I realized I have an older 3.xx version of BI; I upgraded to 4.xx and all is working now. Thanks for your help!

lightmind

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have some more experience with this camera now. It seems that on my camera the zoom / focus is stuck now. Reolink tech support is looking at the problem.

I noticed that the BlueIris PTZ controls seem to lag by about 10 seconds on my system, or stops responding completely. The video is good.

I have another PTZ camera, Sunba 805-DG20x that has the same PTZ issues. When on the camera's webpage the PTZ works great. In BI it lags badly, and sometimes doesn't work at all. I don't know enough about the ONVIF PTZ implementation to know where the issue is. I suspect it is a timing or protocol issue, however it could also be a low power problem. I placed a power supply at the camera but BI still has issues with the PTZ.

Does the camera PTZ work for a while when you re-power the system (not a reboot- power disconnection)?
Is the cam operating with POE? Try installing a local power supply at the camera to see if it works better.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Grasshopper - the camera works great thru the mobile app and the Reolink app on my iMac. When it worked on BI the first time, there was a slight lag, but it still worked satisfactorily. Now it doesn't work at all on BI, but still works great everywhere else. I can even move it on the mobile app and watch it on BI. Since its working everywhere else but BI, I don't think its a power issue. The other weird issue i have with it is that it records alerts during the day but doesn't during the night. Not sure about that one either. Still trolling through the settings to see if I set something up wrong.

The really annoying thing was that it did work intially, but now it won't. The entire time I've been on the 4.x release and updated today to te new release but still not working. Thanks for the reply.
If you dont contact the developer with the issue it will never get resolved. You need to email support.

multiplex

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have updates on this topic? My RLC-423 is working great for video, but i haven't had any luck with the PTZ, including trying out OXML

I'm running 733_16012708_v1.0.0.30 camera firmware

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have updates on this topic? My RLC-423 is working great for video, but i haven't had any luck with the PTZ, including trying out OXML

I'm running 733_16012708_v1.0.0.30 camera firmware
Contact support..he will need access to your camera...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Less than helpful. Support. Why do we have this forum? The camera fixed points take two digit numbers. Also I'll have to look at mine later to tell you what I did to get it working. Fenderman notwithstanding
You dont get it. This is not the first time you posted a dumb ass remark. If the developer does not add the ptz preset for the specific camera, then we will continue having the same posts over and over again, until someone does the right thing and gives the BI developer access to the cam. Its pretty obvious that you are a novice with no clue about how the software or cameras work. If you dont like appreciate my support on this forum, then dont let the door hit you on the way out.

runningman

n3wb
Reaction score
Contact support..he will need access to your camera...
Seeing that this was a fairly recent thread and that I just recieved my new RLC-423 PTZ, I took your advise and reached out to support. Here is the response.....

Hello,

At this time, Blue Iris does not support PTZ on the Reolink.

However, PTZ may be offered in the future for this model.

Thank you,

Jennifer

So it seems that we are stuck until they decide to add it.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does PTZ work with IPCamviewer? Could the camera itself handle motion tracking?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no motion tracking..
Is this generally speaking for speed domes, or just this model? My experience is pretty limited with PTZ but it would be nice if it could 'roam' & if it saw motion it would track it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this generally speaking for speed domes, or just this model? My experience is pretty limited with PTZ but it would be nice if it could 'roam' & if it saw motion it would track it.
Yes. Only the more expensive ones have it. Even on brand name cams the tracking is not great. On cheap cams that do have it is downright counterproductive.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am on the fence about getting a RLC-423 PTZ - is the OP still happy with the image quality? I see almost no information/reviews on the camera which is scaring me off a bit.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am on the fence about getting a RLC-423 PTZ - is the OP still happy with the image quality? I see almost no information/reviews on the camera which is scaring me off a bit.
Dont buy reolink if you are using with blue iris..there are known reported issues. Dont know if they have been sorted. Likely not as its a firmware issue with the camera.