Reolink RLN 36 NVR input to output issues

numdi

n3wb
Reaction score
hello every one I'm new here looking for answers or a fix for my camera set up..
I'm made a gamble to use reolink as my system to watch my auto shop..
I found out 7 days ago talking to tech support is almost a waste of time threw e-mail.. still waiting on answers so I have come here to maybe get some knowledge..
To keep this short.. the system works except.. I'm trying to hook up some output sirens using a NC magnetic door switch..
the issue is that the door switch see's the open door ( but I have to have the door switch set to normal open not closed ..strange ) but does not send a signal to the output to ground the dc power supply that runs the sirens..
I have followed the wiring from reolink.. and there support team..
I will post links to there page and to my videos I sent them.. that I'm waiting a reply..
If some has time and has better knowledge of setting up a system please let me know if I am correct that there is a issue with the DVR they sent me... thank you
reolink wiring : Introduction to Reolink RLN36
my videos I sent to reolink:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hello every one I'm new here looking for answers or a fix for my camera set up..
I'm made a gamble to use reolink as my system to watch my auto shop..
I found out 7 days ago talking to tech support is almost a waste of time threw e-mail.. still waiting on answers so I have come here to maybe get some knowledge..
To keep this short.. the system works except.. I'm trying to hook up some output sirens using a NC magnetic door switch..
the issue is that the door switch see's the open door ( but I have to have the door switch set to normal open not closed ..strange ) but does not send a signal to the output to ground the dc power supply that runs the sirens..
I have followed the wiring from reolink.. and there support team..
I will post links to there page and to my videos I sent them.. that I'm waiting a reply..
If some has time and has better knowledge of setting up a system please let me know if I am correct that there is a issue with the DVR they sent me... thank you
reolink wiring : Introduction to Reolink RLN36
my videos I sent to reolink:
Welcome @numdi

Any word back from Reolink ?

numdi

n3wb
Reaction score
yes.. after a week of talking thru e-mail.. there engineer said to turn off the time schedule.. I guess I was confused with the video.. if you watch there video and instruction's it seems it looks like they want you to turn on everything to blue.. in both settings but the last part of the video was just a option.. that over rides the input and grounds the output to the power supply all the time.. kind of feel like a fool now.. the system works like it should.... I have a masters degree in automotive working with dc power so this seemed easy for me to diag.. but I guess. the Chinese wording to English threw me off a bit.. I'll update my post to solved.. when I get time.. thanks for replying and asking about my issue