Replaced HDW5442TMP-ASE by HFW3849T1P

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or go with the 2MP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV or the IPC-Color4K-X - neither are TIOC, but they are active deterrence and has audible alarms.

You can purchase from @EMPIRETECANDY direct or on his Amazon page.

But as we have said, do not make the same mistake again and chase MP!

Do not buy a 4MP camera that is anything smaller than a 1/1.8" sensor. Do not buy a 2MP camera that is anything smaller than a 1/2.8" sensor. Do not buy a 4K (8MP) camera on anything smaller than a 1/1.2" sensor. Unfortunately, most 4k cams are on the same sensor as a 2MP and thus the 2MP will kick its butt all night long as the 4k will need 4 times the light than the 2MP... 4k will do very poor at night unless you have stadium quality lighting (well a lot of lighting LOL).

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what the issue is with Dahua and getting this into a turret and varifcoal. It's not as if large turrets and varifocals aren't already in their inventory. Surely it's just a transplant job then increasing production on the larger casings / lenses.

By the time this comes out we'll probably be on 1 inch or 35mm.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The exception is the new Dahua 4k on the 1/1.2" sensor - I am shocked how well that performs with just the LED light. But it also costs about $100 more than the other LED full color cams out there.
Could you tell me what the camera model you mean?

If you require one camera to do both, then go with the 4MP version TIOC.
I thought that 4MP and 8MP cameras have to have different perfomance CPU and GPU as default .
Unfortunatelly manufacturer doesn't mention the processor model, RAM size and etc. in the specification of cameras.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're not sure of what focal length to use, I suggest waiting for the varifocal version to come out for the Color4K model 2.8mm is to broad whereas 3.6mm is okay for most applications, but you really need survey the area in which these cams are being installed

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy, how is the 5MP turret model for low light? I know its not Starlight, but the 4K Color model have active deterrence?

Replaced HDW5442TMP-ASE by HFW3849T1P
I think this is a bad idea..... If you are at a poor light place. 3849 is bit poor working at low light place.
Can add some money to buy the IPC-Color4K-X

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 4MP active deterrence turret model is very poor with little to no light and the white LED is gimmicky like most other white LED cams, so I would assume adding another 1MP on the same size sensor would be worse.

The 4K color model can play an alarm or a message when triggered. It is not the TIOC flashing lights, but it is an audible alarm.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that, I actually liked the TIOC flashing lights on the turret model as demonstrated in some of the YouTube videos. I do use the 2MP LED model (no active deterrence) as a night light for a specific period of time during the evenings though; but it supplemented by a 2mp varifocal Starlight+ turret; the IR illuminators activate at the appropriate time

The 4MP active deterrence turret model is very poor with little to no light and the white LED is gimmicky like most other white LED cams, so I would assume adding another 1MP on the same size sensor would be worse.

The 4K color model can play an alarm or a message when triggered. It is not the TIOC flashing lights, but it is an audible alarm.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Three in One Camera

whats TIOC?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it is a great tool in the toolbox and serves a purpose. I have 3 of them! But it should be used in conjunction with other cameras, similar to how we do with a PTZ.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
True, was curious though how they perform without any illuminators, was curious to know about the new 4K ColorX model that Andy is selling but unfortunately no strobe light action

Yes, it is a great tool in the toolbox and serves a purpose. I have 3 of them! But it should be used in conjunction with other cameras, similar to how we do with a PTZ.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
True, was curious though how they perform without any illuminators, was curious to know about the new 4K ColorX model that Andy is selling but unfortunately no strobe light action
What I posted in the other thread:

ALL cameras need light at night. Simple physics. Marketing a camera as low light and full color doesn't change that fact.

Unless you know you have enough ambient light or can live with the white LED on, go with a camera that can see infrared. The full color type cameras cannot see infrared, so you couldn't add external IR later.

But in a completely black situation without any ambient light and without the white LED on, it looks like crap and you cannot add external IR as it won't see it.

My active deterrence cams have a very small radius of useful coverage using just the LED light...much past 8-10 feet and it is black - this is with it dialed in to eliminate motion blur. On auto shutter it looks great but the motion blur. The 4K with just the LED sees a lot further and one would be surprised how well it performs with just the white LED.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks @wittaj which activate deterrence cams are you using, the 2mp model?

What I posted in the other thread:

ALL cameras need light at night. Simple physics. Marketing a camera as low light and full color doesn't change that fact.

Unless you know you have enough ambient light or can live with the white LED on, go with a camera that can see infrared. The full color type cameras cannot see infrared, so you couldn't add external IR later.

But in a completely black situation without any ambient light and without the white LED on, it looks like crap and you cannot add external IR as it won't see it.

My active deterrence cams have a very small radius of useful coverage using just the LED light...much past 8-10 feet and it is black - this is with it dialed in to eliminate motion blur. On auto shutter it looks great but the motion blur. The 4K with just the LED sees a lot further and one would be surprised how well it performs with just the white LED.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 of the 2MP version and 1 of the 4MP.

The 2MP will flash the white light and has an audible alarm.

The 4MP is the TIOC that has the red/blue flashing and audible alarm.

At night, the 2MP is better image because they are both on essentially the same sensor size.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know, I have the 2MP one that flashes the white light and has audible alarm, I just stumbled across this new model IPC-HDW3249H-AS-PV which comes with the red/blue flashing light and audible alarm. I especially like the fact that we can keep the white light on for a period of time compared to the older 2mp model which only flashes white light. I also like the revised base mount which reminiscent of the varifocal models. Where did you purchase your 2mp model? Can't find them on Andy's store

I have 2 of the 2MP version and 1 of the 4MP.

The 2MP will flash the white light and has an audible alarm.

The 4MP is the TIOC that has the red/blue flashing and audible alarm.

At night, the 2MP is better image because they are both on essentially the same sensor size.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got them both from Andy.

The 2MP from his Amazon store:

The 4MP from his Amazon store:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The current settings for 3849 camera are the next.
Does it make sense to decrease some values to decrease CPU load for this camera?
1629793561316.png