Replacement camera for QC8016 NVR

vipulp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New member (first time posting).

I have a QC8016 NVR Amazon.com : Q-See QC8016-1 Completely Digital 16 Channel Network Video Recorder with POE Solution and Pre-installed 1TB Hard Drive (Black) : Nvr Q See : Camera & Photo . I learned that Q-See has ceased operations beginning Jan 2021. I need to buy replacement cameras since my cameras have died.

How can I identify which cameras are compatible with QC8016?

An extended question is - Should I consider replacing the NVR given the company is out of business?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New member (first time posting).

I have a QC8016 NVR Amazon.com : Q-See QC8016-1 Completely Digital 16 Channel Network Video Recorder with POE Solution and Pre-installed 1TB Hard Drive (Black) : Nvr Q See : Camera & Photo . I learned that Q-See has ceased operations beginning Jan 2021. I need to buy replacement cameras since my cameras have died.

How can I identify which cameras are compatible with QC8016?

An extended question is - Should I consider replacing the NVR given the company is out of business?
HI @vipulp

Do you have a picture and model info of the Camera that died?

Off hand the front of the NVR suggests to me it is a Dahua OEM NVR.. the back pictures from the Amazon link have both BNC and PoE ports - so that confuses me as I don't recall seeing that back image..

1614787485949.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

vipulp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mat,

I believe I have the QCN7001B and QCN8004B. The QCN7001B went bad.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You said cameras as in multiple? Did all of them stop? It's probably the remote viewing that has stopped. All the equipment should still work, you just lost remote viewing.
Check out this thread

vipulp

n3wb
Reaction score
I had 4 devices, 2 went bad. (I dont use remote viewiing, just viewing on the NVR itesf).

The cameras wont light up upon boot. Another camera at the same endpoint works.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depends on your budget if you want to add more cameras or replace the NVR. Does another camera work in the same port? If so camera if not NVR. You may want to check ebay for cameras. But start with one to see if it works or overloading NVR.

vipulp

n3wb
Reaction score
That is precisely the question (I worded it badly to begin with), What are the replacement camera I should target that will be compatible with QC IP NVR

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could get the same ones on ebay pretty cheap but they must be factory reset. But as mentioned above it appears it's a Dahua NVR. I used Dahua cameras on my Q-See NVR without any issues.

vipulp

n3wb
Reaction score
HI Avspin, what are the compatible Dahua cameras that have worked for you? I am trying to find a place where I can check compatibility so that I can order the right one.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have used and still using HFW1435S-W-S & 5442 series turret cameras

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Mat,

I believe I have the QCN7001B and QCN8004B. The QCN7001B went bad.

HI @vipulp

Look like Dahua OEM cameras, see if Andy EmpireTecAndy has a replacement.

Remember to match the resolution that the NVR can handle with the camera

Also, iirc Qsee config was slightly different than standard Dahua OEM .. web server iirc on port 85 or something like that so

Expect to need to sysnc: IP address, ports, user/password, substream info

1614802053149.png

1614802104774.png