Replacement Parts [DS-2CD2132-I]

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently had a bunch of rain get into my POE ethernet connectors for my DS-2CD2132-I camera's. I was able to power the camera up with a 12volt power supply. However the ethernet seems to be dead.

Has anyone here seen a store online that sells parts for these camera's? I'm looking to also replace the lens as it has hard water stains on it.

Thanks,

Karol.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently had a bunch of rain get into my POE ethernet connectors for my DS-2CD2132-I camera's. I was able to power the camera up with a 12volt power supply. However the ethernet seems to be dead.

Has anyone here seen a store online that sells parts for these camera's? I'm looking to also replace the lens as it has hard water stains on it.

Thanks,

Karol.
Here is the pinout for the ethernet, http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2857-DS-2CD2532F-Pinout-or-color-of-Ethernet-wires-required?highlight=pinout
Simply attach a an ethernet punchdown jack....
You wont find these replacement parts for sale...

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
!fenderman - Cool. I guess I need a junction box now. These two camera's are mounted on the brick chimney. Both have suffered the same result.

I'm now prompted to check the others. They are under the soffit but still worth the check.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
!fenderman - Cool. I guess I need a junction box now. These two camera's are mounted on the brick chimney. Both have suffered the same result.

I'm now prompted to check the others. They are under the soffit but still worth the check.
What were the connections wrapped in?
If you use a junction box, make sure to make a small hole at the bottom so that water can escape as most will not stay water tight...

Reaction score
My own fault. Just plain jane electrical tape.

Yeah I know about the hole. I was just trying to get these up quick and not have a box on the or near the chimney.