Replacing deprecated system, totally blown away by cam options

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thought it was Richard Head's brother, Peter.

True story...when I was little my dad worked with a guy at the airlines name 'Dick Vinyl'. Honest. They called him 'Peter Plastic'.
So I worked with a guy named "Dick Burns" and when the he got a phone call someone on the crew would yell "Phone for Dick Burns".
Invariably a crew member would reply "Who's Dick Burns" which would envoke a chorus of "Not Mine".

Sorry but Q started it...

Reaction score
Hi VorlonFrog

Do you know if cor35vet hacked Dahua firmware works for the 6MP model also? Or are they different firmware?
I have no idea about firmware for the 6 MP camera, but can tell you, if you throw a few $$ (well, okay Euros) his way, he'll happily help you out with firmware. His Paypal address is in the first message of his firmware thread. He helped me out greatly with some older model 4421C-A cameras a few months ago.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone tried any of these 6 or 8 mp dahuas? Wondering how they look.

Reaction score
Generally, these higher-resolution sensors have smaller pixels and more video noise. They may have gotten better with the most recent generation manufactured, but seriously, a 4 megapixel camera is overkill on resolution, image size, and network bandwidth. Until they come out with a Starlight sensor in these higher ranges, I'll stick with the 2MP Starlight cameras and the 4MP non-Starlight cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I worked with a guy named "Dick Burns" and when the he got a phone call someone on the crew would yell "Phone for Dick Burns".
Invariably a crew member would reply "Who's Dick Burns" which would envoke a chorus of "Not Mine".

Sorry but Q started it...
At almost 69 I realize I'm still going through puberty is some respects so I cannot resist the following....none are as famous as the ubiquitous 'Heywood Jablome' who made it to snopes.com . I even learned a new one there while reading the article.
OK, I promise...back on proper forum and thread content from now on.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is pronounced "Yaah Blue M
Generally, these higher-resolution sensors have smaller pixels and more video noise. They may have gotten better with the most recent generation manufactured, but seriously, a 4 megapixel camera is overkill on resolution, image size, and network bandwidth. Until they come out with a Starlight sensor in these higher ranges, I'll stick with the 2MP Starlight cameras and the 4MP non-Starlight cameras.
Yes I believe you are correct. I have some old Hik 2032 3MP cams and have a couple locations where due to available light they are OK at night. Granted awful compared to the Dahua 5231.
But wonder how a jump to 8MP might compare. Perhaps a bit more resolution and similar low light performance. 6MP seems not worth the upgrade but that one linked is pretty inexpensive for a trial. Still very happy with the 5231s. But always looking...