Replacing/upgrading BNC cameras on Ganz DR4N

Nike

n3wb
Reaction score
agree with fenderman and bigredfish, get a XVR, best of both worlds coax/IP

The camera you have is good. 2MP, 3.6mm lens, Turret, (I don't know if it has a starlight CMOS) Do not downgrade it to match older hardware.
Your infrastructure already probably has coaxial and separate power cables, so this is an easy replacement. You will not even need the SD terminal, just use the HDCVI one.

Believe it or not, Dahua even makes PoC (Power over Coxial) cameras and DVRs now for the coax purists. 1 wire takes care of all.

Steve Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is probably the route i will take. Just shelve these cameras for a while. I was not aware previously, but there are several spare 600 line cameras on site to use. Will modify the adapter I made to accept them

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is probably the route i will take. Just shelve these cameras for a while. I was not aware previously, but there are several spare 600 line cameras on site to use. Will modify the adapter I made to accept them
Smart move despite the adapter you need costs 18 bux worth all the extra work remounting them later... people are VERY strange. Hell you can buy a 4ch cvi DVR for under 100 bux. 8 ch for 140.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am rather dissapointed that these new cameras are useless to me at this point.

Wasted $$
Hi @Steve Bowman

Just upgrade the DVR to a better one as suggested. The older DVR is going to hamper the quality of image capture significantly.