Rescued Hikvision Region Changer Reviews

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of the reasons I left the cctvforum site was because they (without warning or notification) deleted all the feedback people had spent their own time to leave for my region code change solution.

Fortunately a friend alerted me to this and I rescued the pages from Google cache. With kind permission of the friendly admin on this board, I am reposting them:

Re: Hikvision region code changer

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:51 am
@cbx

THX the 5.1.6 Works in Englisch Language :D

One More question ... Can i Flash Europe Version for German Language Support?

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:20 am
I have just used code change, easy to do and i'm passed my sell by date, :lol: Afterwards I uploaded clean 5.1.6 to replaced hacked version already on cam, can report accepted with no issues, all fine after reboot.

DS-2CD2632F-IS

Thanks CBX, excellent job, keep up the good work.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:11 pm
It worked like a charm.
The region of my cam has been changed from chinese to english succesfuly.
The process was very easy
CBX was very supportive, 100% recommended!

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:18 am
Also succesful region code change aftwer which I upgraded firmware downloaded from EU Hikvision portal.
Great and fast support from CBX.
100% recommended!

Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:21 pm
I have three Chinese DS-2032 cameras, and although they worked as they were, I wanted to support CBX's hard work, so I bought the region change program from him for my cameras.

The process is simple, and it works like a charm. On one of my cameras there was a slight issue, but CBX resolved it very quickly and professionally, so now all three of my cameras have a new nationality. :)

So if you have some Chinese cameras that you want to change to English without fussing with language hacked files, I can recommend the service from CBX.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:09 pm
Hi all.

I have also change the Region code with de Region Code Changer from CBX.
And iam verry happy with it.
I can flash the cam (DS-2CD2332-I) with orginal firmware, without any tricks and hacks.
Also i can select the language i want (EU Firmware).

CBX Thanks. :D

Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:49 pm
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share my recent experience with CBK's Region Change Program on four 2CD3332 Chinese cameras. Since these were 2CD3xxx models CBX had me run a quick non-modifying test to verify that things were as he expected. After that I re-ran the actual Region Code changer. All told probably less than a half hour and I'm not a Linux guy. All four cameras now respond in English menus and have been reloaded with 5.1.6. Everything seems perfect and I am very satisfied.

Hope this helps someone thinking about it.

Steve

Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:53 pm
Worked fine on three different models (4 cameras total).

Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:38 pm
Flashed my last 4 2032's, thanks again CBX!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:26 pm
Thanks CBX for great support and a good SW

3 cams flashed in 10 min

/Niklas

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:00 pm
I had the same positive experience and can echo these words. The good news is that even a Windows centric person like me was able to do the install without breaking into a sweat. Definitely money well spent.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:20 pm
CBX's Region Change Program did what he states - change my region from Chinese to English! What's more impressive is CBX's phenomenal support! I was having some difficulty and CBX not only replied to my emails quickly, he actually offered to help remotely via Teamviewer. Again, my experience was just AWESOME!!

Thanks CBX for the incredible support!!

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Part #2

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:58 am
Hi!
Hello from Russia! ;)

I would recommend a solution from my friend CBX!
This is a very competent expert!
Buy Hikvision IP cameras and buy the utility at CBX!

iTuneDVR ;)

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 am
I got my first 'chinese' DS-2CD2332-I from AliExpress last week. It already had the 5.1.6 firmware, but I decided to check things out by downgrading to 5.1.2 and then trying to upgrade back to 5.1.6. That gave the infamous Language Mismatch error.

After executing the code I received from CBX it all worked well and I now have a 'english' Hikvision camera, which is rather future proof. Nice! Thanks CBX!

-Ton.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:00 am
Hello all,

Thanks too CBX for his Software!
My three Kameras from Alixpress are know English and run with the 5.1.6 Firmware!

Greetings

Lapheus

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:25 pm
I really thought that CBX had met his match when I purchased his excellent utility, although I did warn him of my complete incompetence at doing such things. With his hands on help and assistance all of my three cameras were done in no time, and have since been upgraded to the latest firmware. The utility works a treat and so does CBX :)

I will be back in touch when my other cameras arrive.

Thanks again.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:26 pm
I would just like to echo the positive comments that others have found. I purchased the region changer software for my four Hikvision cameras from CBX, and all were completed without issues. I highly recommend this solution if you don't want to mess with trying to find/patch the Chinese firmware. All of my cameras are now running 5.1.6 US firmware.

Thanks,

Scott

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:14 am
HI there,

I purchased the region changer software for my Hikvision camera from CBX.

CBX was very helpful and accommodating and it works very well. I highly recommend his software. I'm very

happy :D

Thanks a lot CBX

Daniel

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:07 pm
I just used the tool to change the region code on two DS-2CD3332-I cameras which I bought via Aliexpress. Worked perfectly.

I updated them to 5.2.0 firmware afterward and it all looks great.

Great work, CBX!

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:43 pm
good lord you are the man.....8 hik cams now have an English passport................ BUY THIS PROGRAM

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:48 pm
Just wanted to echo my satisfaction with this tool. I can now flash the firmware of my choice without hassle. Ran it successfully on 5 different models of the Raptor 2 series.

DS-2CD2312-I
DS-2CD2412F-IW
DS-2CD2312-I
DS-2CD2032-I
DS-2CD2732F-IS

Had a bit of an issue with the DS-2CD2412F-IW that CBX cleared up very quickly.

5/5 for me! (Both cameras and rating!)

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:41 pm
Another satisfied CBX customer. I have 3 of the DS-2CD2032-I cams, one of which I installed firmware 5.2.0. in chinese. His 5.2.0 tool handled that with no problem and the install of the region changer was quick and easy.

Thanks CBX! =D>

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:39 am
CBX is the man!

1 DS-2CD2032-I and 2 2CD8283F now speak English...

CBX is super competent and even overcame my own shortcomings.

Great tool, definitely recommended.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:01 pm
Just successfully changed the region on two DS-2CD2032-I cameras from aliexpress suing the tool CBX provided. Both cameras were from China with the v5.2 firmware on them.
The region change tool worked flawlessly the first time and is very simple and quick.
Additionally the communication from CBX was excellent.

I can highly recommend this region change tool and service CBX provided.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:29 pm
CBX help me and change region code to 4 Cameras from my friend (2CD3232D-I5 Chinese ver)

All was fine, he is great men, all work fine like he promise... If someone have same problem, don't waist time, contact CBX and easy finish the job.

He is profesional, the best regards to him.

Sincerely
Nemanja

P.S.
Sorry for my bad English :)

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks bouncy - hope you got your camera sorted. You had a real time clock problem right? I don't think any regional code or firmware change will assist with that - advise returning it back to the supplier for a replacement.

Good luck!

bouncy

n3wb
Reaction score
sadly not. I'm now down to it either being a problem with the battery which ill look into tomorrow daytime, or yes its going back. At least given the help of this forum, i was able to rule out the chinese messing around with the firmware, and end up with an updated firmware in a language i speak!

edwinsong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi CBX,

I'm new here. I've seen many feedbacks on how you helped them with their cameras. I am hoping you can help me with my cameras and NVR. I have 20 units DS-2CD3135F-I and 1 unit DS-7916N-E4 NVR that is in Chinese language. I would like to change them to English. Will you be able to help me with this. Thanks