Reset button of PTZ (SD52C225U-HNI) Need HELP!!!!!

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
after trying to reset the camera throughout the web interface. this POS when it to what looks like a boot loop.
can not find the reset button inside of the camera.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
and by the way i didn't apply the theory of holding it while powering the camera for fear of damaging the gears on it.

davedavez

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever get it working again? Mine is now boot looping as well, but pressing and holding the reset button until the unit reboots didn't factory reset it. What's your experience been?

davedavez

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info @VorlonFrog, I'll give it a full two minutes and with any luck that'll be the fix I need. I'll report back either way.

davedavez

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been out of town, back tonight though, so I'll have an update then.

davedavez

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I tried holding it for well over two minutes and absolutely nothing happened. The camera POSTs just fine, so it seems like the firmware somehow ate itself. I bought it from @EMPIRETECANDY so I reached out to him and we'll see what Dahua has to say.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I tried holding it for well over two minutes and absolutely nothing happened. The camera POSTs just fine, so it seems like the firmware somehow ate itself. I bought it from @EMPIRETECANDY so I reached out to him and we'll see what Dahua has to say.
Dave, you told me the camera can't make reset?

davedavez

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it getting an IP?

If so, you should be able to force the firmware back down it's throat via SmartPSS or the update/config tool.

Worst comes to worse, tftp recovery time.
Ref here: Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP
It was getting an IP last I checked, but all my attempts to use any of the Dahua software tools were met with failure. I'll read up on the tftp solution and give that a shot.

davedavez

n3wb
Reaction score
It was getting an IP last I checked, but all my attempts to use any of the Dahua software tools were met with failure. I'll read up on the tftp solution and give that a shot.
Looks like it's good and toast now. After trying the "long hold reset", it isn't showing up on the network anymore. Hopefully it'll be a warranty swap.