Reset camera

dahuauser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have a camera here that I want to reset, opened it up to see if it has a reset button on it, it is not present.
Can I see it in my network but cannot log in because I do not know the password, how do I solve this?
Attach the label present to the camera.
Kind regards.20210504_173637.jpg

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua camera, check out this video for options:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And check out this thread:

dahuauser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I chose the 2nd option and sent a qr code, received an email with the following text but never received the email with the security code.
What can i do now?
This is te text i received.

Dear valued customer,

Your password reset is well received. The password reset authorization will be sent to t***@into-its.be , please proceed according to the enclosed instructions.

You may contact your local reseller or service contact for further help if there are any further questions. Thank you for your support.

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Reaction score
Typically, you would have to disassemble the camera, and find the two contact points near the edge of the printed circuit board where a pushbutton switch could reside. Remove power from the camera, connect those two contacts, apply power to the camera. Leave it connected for at least three to five minutes while the firmware image is restored. Don't be surprised if it comes up as IP address 192.168.1.108, as this is the default for most Dahua cameras. If the firmware/web GUI screen appears in Chinese, you've got cheap Chinese cameras that were firmware-hacked to provide English interface. The Chrome browser with lanugage translation will be your best friend.

Please say hello to my friends in Kortrijk. :)

dahuauser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hallo, i am living 50 km near Kortrijk.
I don't know if this is even a dahua camera, I already opened it, but I can't find a pressure switch to reset, otherwise I would have already done this.
If I needed to know which wires to short, I can do this too.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is even a dahua camera
if it is, and the bootloader has the cfgRestore command, this could be worth trying :

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score