Reset to default settings Chinese cameras

cruing

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got 7 Hikvision cameras, 5 of them are "World region WR" (updated to 5.4.5 firmware) and 2 of them are "China region CH" (restored to 5.2.5 region after bricking).
The model of the 2 Chinese Cameras are:
- DS-2CD2032F-I
- DS-2CD2432F-IW

I've got a problem with these Chinese Cameras: after few days I find that the settings (IP, port, etc..) return automatically to default values.
Is there a way to avoid this?
Is there a new firmware for these cameras?

Thank you very much

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a problem with these Chinese Cameras: after few days I find that the settings (IP, port, etc..) return automatically to default values.
A lot of this about, hackers and their botnets are exploiting the Hikvision backdoor.
If you have them exposed to the internet by port forwarding, either deliberately, or without realising due to UPnP being enabled on your router, they are vulnerable to being messed with for fun or exploited for malicious purposes.
If you don't think that you have any exposed ports - confirm by doing a full port scan using ShieldsUp! : GRC | ShieldsUP! — Internet Vulnerability Profiling  

Is there a way to avoid this?
Is there a new firmware for these cameras?
Yes, and yes.
A full update to the 5.4.5 version of the firmware is possible by doing the 'enhanced mtd hack - details in the attachments here : Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup.