resetting a Hik IP camera to DHCP when removing from Hik NVR?

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am trying to remove the IP cameras from a Hikvision NVR (model DS-7608NI-E2/8P) so that they can be used in a new Blue Iris system. The problem is, when I remove the cameras and try to connect them to a PoE switch, they still maintain, their 192.168.254.X IP address. I have tried to use Hikvision's SADP tool which correctly sees the cameras, but when I try to reset the cameras to DHCP and type in the admin password from the NVR (into SADP) it gives me a timed out error. The assumption I'm making here is that the admin password set by the NVR for the IP cameras is the same admin password for the NVR. If this is not the case or if you ave any suggestions on how to reset these Hikvision IP cameras back to DHCP, I would really appreciate it. I'm afraid that I'm going to brick them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to remove the IP cameras from a Hikvision NVR (model DS-7608NI-E2/8P) so that they can be used in a new Blue Iris system. The problem is, when I remove the cameras and try to connect them to a PoE switch, they still maintain, their 192.168.254.X IP address. I have tried to use Hikvision's SADP tool which correctly sees the cameras, but when I try to reset the cameras to DHCP and type in the admin password from the NVR (into SADP) it gives me a timed out error. The assumption I'm making here is that the admin password set by the NVR for the IP cameras is the same admin password for the NVR. If this is not the case or if you ave any suggestions on how to reset these Hikvision IP cameras back to DHCP, I would really appreciate it. I'm afraid that I'm going to brick them.
Change the pc ipv4 address to 192.168.254.1, then connect only the pc and camera to the switch. Try using the NVR password to hit the camera that way.