Resetting Ipc hfw1831ep

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I asked this previously months back and was told the button was behind the front cover. I did not actually need to test that at the time, but now, I do.

One of my 13 cams has stopped working (no signal) so, I need to try to reset before giving up and seeking out Andy and warranty replacement.
I first went to the setup (mailbox cams) and swapped cables, verified it this cam, not wiring.
Pulled cam out, popped the front cover, there’s no button.
There’s also no removable panel with button and SD card slot, despite what the book says.
Since I’m hoping to get it warranted, I am not going to
Open it further without Andy’s blessing. I’m hoping someone here knows a trick to get her back online.
All other cams are dandy, it’s just this one.

Attachments

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone? Is there another method or a process to try to verify the silly thing is truly and fairly dead?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone? Is there another method or a process to try to verify the silly thing is truly and fairly dead?
Not sure about the rest button on that cam, could be on the board or no button but rather you need to short the proper points.
If you did not water proof those connections like in the image, its likely water damage.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No evidence of any moisture intrusion in the connectors. No staining, no corrosion or discoloration. When assembled, the connections are all secured at the top of the box. As a side note: the upper white portion of the cam
is plastic and will snap off...alas, nothing there.

Attachments