Resetting very old POE camera

jmbrooks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi crew

Thanks in advance for any help here.

A friend has 3 POE cameras that are quite old - we estimate ~2014. The camera brand is LLAN and the model is LA-CPHZX2MP and seem quite high-end for the time - they have LED lights, a fan to cool the unit down when lights are on, and a powered zoom lens. There is a sticker on the bottom of the camera (see photo) that lists a static IP, username and password.

Unfortunately we when we plug the unit into our POE switch, we can't see it on the network, can't find any reset button anywhere (either on the unit, on the circuit boards, inside the camera unit etc.). We have tried having it powered down for 10-15mins and then re-plugging it in but still can't see it. The camera is operational - it powers up when we plug it in, and the LEDs come on at night.

Any input / advice is greatly welcome!

Many thanks

Attachments

microseven

n3wb
Reaction score
The POE module is not compatible with 802.3af/at standards, indicating that your camera does not adhere to these standard requirements either. To ensure proper functionality, your POE switch must be compatible with 802.3af/at cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The POE module is not compatible with 802.3af/at standards, indicating that your camera does not adhere to these standard requirements either. To ensure proper functionality, your POE switch must be compatible with 802.3af/at cameras.
Are you familiar with the is camera? Why do believe so. If it was not compatible it would not power up.

More than likely the op is simply not on the same subnet so he cant see the cam.

microseven

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera can only be powered by your power supply. If the camera is not equipped with an 802.3af/at standard POE module, the power will not be provided by the standard 802.3af/at POE switch. This is unrelated to the subnet configuration. For cameras with a built-in 802.3af/at standard POE module, they can be connected to the POE switch, which will then supply power to the camera. Finally, we can proceed to the configuration of the subnet network.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks to me like the circuit board might be only to control the LEDs, and any reset button would be inside the camera case. Further guessing that LLAN bought the camera from another company and packaged it in a weatherproof case with LEDs added. And really going out on the guessing limb, the user microseven posts sound like they are AI generated, to me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera can only be powered by your power supply. If the camera is not equipped with an 802.3af/at standard POE module, the power will not be provided by the standard 802.3af/at POE switch. This is unrelated to the subnet configuration. For cameras with a built-in 802.3af/at standard POE module, they can be connected to the POE switch, which will then supply power to the camera. Finally, we can proceed to the configuration of the subnet network.
You must be ai otherwise you would clearly see that the camera supports poe. Says it right on the cam and it powes up via Poe as op stated. So again what makes you think it's not using the at/af standard?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks to me like the circuit board might be only to control the LEDs, and any reset button would be inside the camera case. Further guessing that LLAN bought the camera from another company and packaged it in a weatherproof case with LEDs added. And really going out on the guessing limb, the user microseven posts sound like they are AI generated, to me.
The IP looks legit...but who knows. Let's see the reply.

microseven

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to point out that the camera does not have any POE modules. Since there were no standard POE module suppliers back when it was built, the company used a passive POE to make it work. However, there are no labels indicating whether it supports 802.3af/at or which pins - 1236 pins| 4578 pins it uses. For context, I am a person from Michigan.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to point out that the camera does not have any POE modules. Since there were no standard POE module suppliers back when it was built, the company used a passive POE to make it work. However, there are no labels indicating whether it supports 802.3af/at or which pins - 1236 pins| 4578 pins it uses. For context, I am a person from Michigan.
LOL. You are certainly AI (no human says, " For context, I am a person from Michigan."). You dont know when the camera was built. The op estimated 2014 and there were millions of POE cameras produced by that time. Check the threads right here on this forum. Moreover the camera label laterally says POE. If it was anything other than standard it would likely state it. The camera POWERS up via poe switch which tells us it has negotiated with the switch. (yes I know we dont know if the switch is mode a or b...blah blah, we can make reasonable assumptions here)
Try again.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
When I have time I like to play with the telephone bots. When I ask them if they're a real person, they explain they are "quite real", with a lighthearted giggle.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera certainly does have a POE module from Uranus. Since the earth is flat, it definitely supports 802.3af/at , pins 4897.

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
The blue circuit board looks to be a controller for IR and if this had a built in fan & heater. RS485 is a common communication box cameras would have to an external controller board like that (but that is not connected on this circuit).

The camera itself is what you should be researching to find it's specifications (and a reset button, typically on the back).
The circuit board mentions modes in Kilometers/hour, so it's a safe guess this board would have helped in taking snapshots of licence plates when triggered (e.g. inductive loop in road). External iris connection is also a clue this could have been used for licence plate capture.

microseven

n3wb
Reaction score
Most of the PoE cameras available in the market today come with the PoE solo model. I have attached a sample model for your reference. The camera requires pin 1236 for data and 12V DC 1A power supply, which can be converted from a 48V PoE switch. Additionally, pin 4578 can be used for extra power supply if the camera runs a PTZ machine, which would require up to 2A or higher. To check if your PoE camera has the PoE model, open the Dahua, Hikvision, Amcrest, and Ndaa PoE cameras.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the PoE cameras available in the market today come with the PoE solo model. I have attached a sample model for your reference. The camera requires pin 1236 for data and 12V DC 1A power supply, which can be converted from a 48V PoE switch. Additionally, pin 4578 can be used for extra power supply if the camera runs a PTZ machine, which would require up to 2A or higher. To check if your PoE camera has the PoE model, open the Dahua, Hikvision, Amcrest, and Ndaa PoE cameras.
This is a pretty decent bot...... But you're not there yet and it's obvious from your response that you're an AI generated bot. Failing to address the points I raised and regurgitating bullshit about POE that you've gathered from the net.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The information is correct. My name is Seth Shumber and I am from Michigan.
lol now we certainly know you are lying....someone needs to contract the real Seth Shumber and let them know he has been hacked.