Resetting very old POE camera

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I noticed that the "microseven" avatar links to microseven.com when I did a google photo search. Also found in several folks in India.

jmbrooks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone - thanks for the input and the entertaining debate about bots.

Confirming that the camera powers up and LEDs lights come on - so definitely compliant with my friend's POE switch - and not using any other power source.

@Mark_M - thank you, let me take apart the camera and see if I can identify this or find any reset buttons.

@Mike A - how would I change the IP of the device trying to access the cam? (apologies - a rookie at this stuff). We have tried plugging the camera directly into a laptop and then typing in the cam's IP. Have also tried connecting the cam directly into the router (providing power separately) but again the camera would not register on the network, so couldn't access.

@fenderman - you mention I am potentially on a different subnet... how would I confirm this and / or rectify?

Thanks again for all the support with this.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless the previous owner changed the IP address, it looks like that camera default is 192.168.0.10, so did you put your laptop on the 192.168.0.xxx subnet when you tried to find it?

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
how would I change the IP of the device trying to access the cam? (apologies - a rookie at this stuff). We have tried plugging the camera directly into a laptop and then typing in the cam's IP. Have also tried connecting the cam directly into the router (providing power separately) but again the camera would not register on the network, so couldn't access.
Hopefully there is a model number or band on the actual box camera. On the internet there might be a reference as to it's default IP address.
Or (and this would be nice) the camera defaults to DHCP and you can use an IP scanning tool on your computer to find it (or look on your router's DHCP lease table).