Residential system installer recommendations in Phoenix, AZ?

JALCO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello -

Long time lurker, first post. I'm finally ready to put my research in motion and proceed with installing a video surveillance system at my house. I've corresponded with Andy for my hardware needs, but still need a good solution for the install piece.

Can anyone recommend a good installer in the metro Phoenix area?

Thanks in advance!

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
You will find that labor is the biggest expense when it comes to installation of camera system. You could learn enough here to complete your own installation. The only thing that you can't find here is time. That's when paying for the labor comes in.

JALCO

n3wb
Reaction score
You will find that labor is the biggest expense when it comes to installation of camera system. You could learn enough here to complete your own installation. The only thing that you can't find here is time. That's when paying for the labor comes in.
Agreed. Incredible amounts of information here. Time is the challenge for me. Time to learn, time to install...then time to fix my mistakes. (Ha!) If I can't find a skilled, trustworthy installer, it's the route I'll have to go.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Most of the time, if you want it done right, you either have to pay a good buck or do it your self. If you do it your self once, you will be able to diagnose any issues in the future and not be sitting around and waiting for the original installer to return and fix things. Most guys that do residential camera installations are what we call trunk slammers. They put your cameras up, set your phone up, take payment, slam the trunk, and get on tot the next job. If you have any issues, it's tough to get them to come back for free. If you ask anyone on this forum if they had issues after the initial installation of their system, 100% will say yes.

JALCO

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. That's a great point about future troubleshooting and possible lack of post-installation support. Last thing I want is for my system to be down while I'm waiting for someone to come out to fix it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At least take the time to learn what a good install and good cameras look like. Then it will be easier to eliminate installers that can't deliver.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@wantafastz28 is in Phoenix, but I kind of doubt he's looking for side work at the moment. He may however know someone who would do a good job.

Mike46052

n3wb
Reaction score
Get there im out in the South East valley of the Phx metro area, I have a friend who is an installer i think mainly sells Hik. I can give you his info, Send me a PM.
also, I do low voltage for a living so may be able to lend a hand if youd like.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like I mentioned in the pm, i dont have time for helping with wiring.... but if you can find someone to do that chunk of the work i can help with the rest.

JALCO

n3wb
Reaction score
Get there im out in the South East valley of the Phx metro area, I have a friend who is an installer i think mainly sells Hik. I can give you his info, Send me a PM.
also, I do low voltage for a living so may be able to lend a hand if youd like.
Appreciate the offer. After some of the comments above, I'm leaning towards continuing to read up here on the forum, then tackling the install myself. I may reach out to you if I hit a snag. Talking with Andy about camera options...