Restricting alerts iOS app

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
i added a cube camera to my system for indoor purposes so it's triggering many alerts. I have recording on motion triggers only. Is there a way for these alerts to not appear in the iOS app but for the recordings to still be saved?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i added a cube camera to my system for indoor purposes so it's triggering many alerts. I have recording on motion triggers only. Is there a way for these alerts to not appear in the iOS app but for the recordings to still be saved?
Simply disable alerts for that camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have "fire when=never" set, is that what you are referring to?
yes. You should not be receiving any alerts if that is set. Remember to set it that way for each profile you use.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hm, my "nighttime" profile is active right now, I have firewhen = never set and alerts are still triggering. None of the "actions" are selected in the alerts tab..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hm, my "nighttime" profile is active right now, I have firewhen = never set and alerts are still triggering. None of the "actions" are selected in the alerts tab..
Make sure you have not overridden the global schedule. Also make sure you have select fire when never for that profile - you need to select the profile from the dropdown and then change your settings.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
Confirmed, no schedule override. Never is selected for the profile. BI has also been restarted after making the changes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Confirmed, no schedule override. Never is selected for the profile. BI has also been restarted after making the changes.
What exact version of BI?
try deleting the camera and readding it.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
Also to note, this isn't just on the iOS app, but on the server interface I also see alerts in the sidebar.

I'm out to support for assistance on this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also to note, this isn't just on the iOS app, but on the server interface I also see alerts in the sidebar.

I'm out to support for assistance on this.
You will always get alerts on the server since it is an event/alert and it will show on the app alert counter as well. Fire when "never" should prevent an audible alert and a notification icon though.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah well maybe now we're getting somewhere. I'm not getting push alerts or audible alert on my phone, but on the main screen of the app, the alerts icon lights up with the count of alerts and clicking into it, the alert will be there. That's where I was hoping to restrict the alert.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah well maybe now we're getting somewhere. I'm not getting push alerts or audible alert on my phone, but on the main screen of the app, the alerts icon lights up with the count of alerts and clicking into it, the alert will be there. That's where I was hoping to restrict the alert.
I dont think you can do that unless you also disable access to that camera.
You can try unchecking "create alert list image" in the cameras record tab. This will eliminate the alert images in the server...so it might prevent the app from listing them. Note that if you do this you will loose the alert icon in the timeline that indicates an event has occurred.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
So I want to record on triggers only, but don't want to be alerted. Also want to have live access to the camera on the app, so disabling won't work. Any creative solutions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I want to record on triggers only, but don't want to be alerted. Also want to have live access to the camera on the app, so disabling won't work. Any creative solutions?
Just ignore the number count :) or use an android phone, where the alert count is not displayed in the app icon. There may be an option in the ios app to turn it off, dont know.
You can ask the developer to add the option.