Retail Business needing 36 cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing that I am wary of is that won't ip cameras eat a lot of my bandwith up? Since I am using alot of bandwith already because my credit card machines eat up a lot of the internet already.
Also one quick question with Blue Iris. If someone steals a purse in my store and I am trying to locate the person who stole it via the computer Blue Iris software, can I place all the camera images of the store that pertain to the theft in question on the computer screen and search simultaneously to all cameras at the same time at speeds of 1x and 2x and 3x and 4x etc....?
Does Blue Iris
IP cameras use ZERO internet bandwidth. ZERO. The only time you use bandwidth is when remotely viewing and that is low. This is the same for analog DVR's.
Yes you can view all cameras or groups of cameras simultaneously during playback..up to 256x.
Also credit card machines uses VERY little bandwidth, negligible...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah the credit card machines are not using too much bandwidth. If your internet performance sucks, get the heck off wifi and plug in ethernet. If that fails, subscribe to a better internet plan.

If doing 30+ cams in Blue Iris I would try to split it into two boxes, both i7 haswell or skylake CPUs, and you'll need a lot of storage in each.

CYANiDE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cost is about the same or negligible difference....particularly when you are 8 cams and under....there is never an advantage to the integrator...the advantage is to the end user.
Agree but it looks like dss is an installer so you are always worried about profit not always about the customer lol.