Retirement Gift

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My father use to wear a shirt that said:

RETIREMENT:
The Pay Sucks!
But the Hours are Great!

Funny but, he was one to buck the getting up early system. He said he had to get up early all his life so he would get up around 10am, he got mad at anyone trying to setup early appointments for him, he would show up in the afternoons.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Congrats! All I heard from my brother is that he should've done it sooner. I found out he was right! No stress, no deadlines to meet, no weekly boring meetings, etc. I get calls from my former co-workers a couple times a month and a quarterly visit to help them out, especially after the one that replaced me quit. I was asked if I would like to work as a part-time contractor and said no thank you, it'll mess up my IRA to Roth conversion plan... but would come in to help for a day here and there, if needed.

Nice to do things at your leisure and not run around on weekends trying to get things done, along with taking a break day here and there, to do nothing but grab a drink, sit on the deck and listen to talk radio.

As for Medicare, I went with N plan instead of G. It was my understanding that with F phased out, G would become the new "F" where most people would go and where others with Advantage plans would try to get on, therefore yearly increases would be larger than N. N requires a co-pay of $20/visit, cheaper monthly (i.e. 120 vs 88). That works out, unless you have a lot of doctor visits.

Reaction score
Just hopping in here to say how amazing it is to see all the creative gift ideas floating around in this thread. A retirement gift is a special kind of present, marking a major life milestone, so it's gotta be something truly memorable! One idea I think stands out from the pack is the custom tapestry suggestion. What a great way to capture memories in a beautiful, artistic form! Imagine the stories and adventures that could be woven into that tapestry, making it a centerpiece for any home. Of course, everyone's got their own unique spin on retirement gifts. Whether it's a relaxing getaway, a cool gadget, or something sentimental, the best gifts always come from the heart. What are your thoughts on custom tapestry as a gift?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BOT from Seattle???
Could be....if so it replied back in Sept. '23 to a summer of '22 post, likely triggered by the word "waterproofing". Turns out, the provided link is for waterproofing concrete, foundations, etc....not electronic/electrical wiring or splices. :wtf: