Retrieving video from DS-2CD3132-IWS onboard sd card

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
Any way to retrieve video from the camera without pulling the camera cover off and getting up on a ladder?

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
This is all above my level of knowledge.

My camera is hooked up to my nvr through my router as it won't connect directly to the nvr being a non amcrest brand camera even if I force it into the right ip range and ports.

I view the camera on my windows 7 computer by logging into the nvr in my amcrest software or to make any changes to the camera by typing in its ip using the hikvision software on the camera.

I think I could figure out the command line stuff if that is something I am running from within windows 7.

Any further help would be appreciated. I can run the command line stuff but as far as knowing how to write it or what it does I don't have any knowledge of the subject

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My camera is hooked up to my nvr through my router as it won't connect directly to the nvr being a non amcrest brand camera even if I force it into the right ip range and ports.
OK, so an NVR is in play. Presumably the required files can't be downloaded from the NVR itself.

or to make any changes to the camera by typing in its ip using the hikvision software on the camera.
In the camera web GUI - I don't recall if the playback/download facilities work with video recorded to the SD card. But presumably you've already tried that.

On the 'direct access to the SD card via the camera' method:
In the camera web GUI, check first if the specific version of firmware running on it still allows the use of SSH or telnet.
You will find this, if available, usually under Advanced Configuration | Security | Security service though this varies with the firmware version.
If you do not have this, there is not an easy way to bulk extract the files remotely.