Reversed camera controls -Newbie needs help

JerryEl

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 IP cameras with one that is mounted upside down that works fine. On the other one that is mounted upright the picture is upright but using Blue Iris the pan and tilt controls are reversed. With the software that came with the cameras both work like they are supposed to work but I can't understand why if the picture is upright why are the controls reversed. There is an upside down setting with the original software but it not only reverses the picture but also the controls are reversed and that one is working correctly with BI. But the other camera is set for normal mounting right side up. I could understand if the BI interpreted it wrong but then the picture would also be upside down and that's not the case. The picture is correct, only the pan and tilt are reversed.

I'm a new licensed user of Blue Iris so haven't totally figured out all the things you can do with this program. Is there a setting in BI to reverse ONLY the controls?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerry in NW Florida

JerryEl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks guy, that doodooed it but it took me a while to find the "ptz" tab. Didn't realize that upper left icon was the control for the camera and was looking in the next icon which I guess is the Setting icon. I thought I had clicked on everything but somehow missed that one.

All's fine now and both cameras are working great but the motion detection is too slow and doesn't last long enough to capture all the motion but I'll figure that out.
Is there any way the camera can follow the motion?
These are cheap Loftek CXS 2200 but they've lasted for a few years outside under the eaves through many thunderstorms so I've got my money's worth out of them.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Jerry