Review-Dahua DB-10 Video Doorbell

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Even with the AP close, you have to watch the wind direction and speed.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I get it connected to my phone app. But all it says is offline. I have installed it many times but still does not work. Is there something i missed? @looney2ns

upload_2018-11-23_11-24-14.png

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today make a long talking with dahua engineer, they move the app from Lechange into IMOU, so the lechange may not connecting well.
I also get a latest new firmware, can try it. Dahua guy told me, the phone app can update the firmware for the door bell.

upload_2018-11-23_14-10-32.png

Attachments

Reaction score
Today make a long talking with dahua engineer, they move the app from Lechange into IMOU, so the lechange may not connecting well.
I also get a latest new firmware, can try it. Dahua guy told me, the phone app can update the firmware for the door bell.
I've been testing this on imou for a while and it works a lot better, however, I'm noticing low speaker volumes on a Honor/Huawei phone. I've only got one of these phones so I'm not sure if it is a device problem on the phone as other phones I've tried seem to work fine. I've tested this on Apple, Samsung and OnePlus phones and it seems to be 'ok'. There is lag sometimes but only up to a couple of seconds in the worst instance.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This saga began way back in march of this year.
So I updated the firmware that @EMPIRETECANDY posted above.
  • It does now recognize a 64gb sd card.
  • Door bell press's for the most part work, maybe 85% of the time.
  • You can answer and converse.
  • Volume has improved both directions.
  • Motion alerts are recorded to the SD card.
  • I've not been successful in recording door bell ring video to the SD card.
  • When reviewing video from the app, the camera lose's the wifi connection, and takes 1-3 minutes to reconnect.
  • Get numerous playback errors when trying to view video.
For me, verdict is still: avoid unless you like lots of grief.

cosroman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I know it is a old topic, can you tell me.. how you update the firmware of DB10 doorbell ? I have a faulty one and I need to rewrite the firmware. Thanks !

veas

n3wb
Reaction score
hello to everyone... too bad i didn't see that thread before...
Just bought a db10... and after many efforts trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with that product i can confirm that the imou app needs to be open so that u can receive calls. Playback videos doesnt play except 1 time i made it happen and don't remember how. Overall software failure....

if im missing anything and there is some progress with the issues plz... i beg u... let me know

cctvguynz

n3wb
Reaction score
DB10 works with DMSS as well once it's on the newest firmware version (which is a few years old now)

Overall it's a very average device. I would certainly never put one into a production environment.

veas

n3wb
Reaction score
dmss doesnt recognise db10 as a doorbell... only chime and db10 linked to it... cant ppayback or live play anything

cctvguynz

n3wb
Reaction score
dmss doesnt recognise db10 as a doorbell... only chime and db10 linked to it... cant ppayback or live play anything
I actually found my DB10 a few weeks ago and set it up on DMSS and it works perfectly. Live and playback of existing recordings works fine.

veas

n3wb
Reaction score
are we talking about gDMSS plus? can you receive calls too? or do u use db10 as an ipcam and not as a doorbell? please give me info!!!!

veas

n3wb
Reaction score
update... dmss works fine with calls on my s10+
only problem so far is that chime shows like doorbell and cant be linked and doorbell cant be shared i think

Last edited: