Review-Dahua DB-10 Video Doorbell

C.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, I had the same exact experience as you last night @scorpi00n .

STILL does not work properly. Avoid it!
Boys...
Are you 2 guys that don’t update your phone apps AS SOON as they come thru?
I have mates clients that never do either ( and then ring me and ask why their CCTV app won’t stream... )
Only reason I say this is that the update comes thru with the LeChange app update...
It actually forced me to update the app before the doorbell update would work...
I hope it’s that simple for ya, or maybe a delete & re-install of the app, or factory reset of the doorbell?
Definitely worth pursuing, mine paid itself off in the first use, but I DID just hid live feed & mic when it ‘call failed’ when it rang, but still saved me a 120km round trip as I could tell the courier to leave my delivery in a particular spot at my place in Gawler, whilst I was 60km away on a 2 storey roof @ Mt. Barker, after trying that 10 odd times unsuccessfully on the old firmware...
Battery life seems A LOT better now too, but still seems around 6-8 weeks (avg. 4-6 alerts/day, f’n light changes is still account for 2-3 a day...)

edit:- Just realised up top in your screenshot looks Androidish , I’m iOS, so i’m thinking Android App Store? are taking / took longer to approve app update....

Attachments

Last edited:

scorpi00n

n3wb
Reaction score
Boys...
I have mates clients that never do either ( and then ring me and ask why their CCTV app won’t stream... )
Only reason I say this is that the update comes thru with the LeChange app update...
It actually forced me to update the app before the doorbell update would work...
I hope it’s that simple for ya, or maybe a delete & re-install of the app, or factory reset of the doorbell?
Definitely worth pursuing, mine paid itself off in the first use, but I DID just hid live feed & mic when it ‘call failed’ when it rang, but still saved me a 120km round trip as I could tell the courier to leave my delivery in a particular spot at my place in Gawler, whilst I was 60km away on a 2 storey roof @ Mt. Barker, after trying that 10 odd times unsuccessfully on the old firmware...
Battery life seems A LOT better now too, but still seems around 6-8 weeks (avg. 4-6 alerts/day, f’n light changes is still account for 2-3 a day...)

edit:- Just realised up top in your screenshot looks Androidish , I’m iOS, so i’m thinking Android App Store? are taking / took longer to approve app update....
Ohh so that's all it was, an app update..

edit:- just realised your an iOS user, and now it makes sense :)

C.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
Ohh so that's all it was, an app update..

edit:- just realised your an iOS user, and now it makes sense :)
Nooooo...
Reeeaaaddd, & look at the snapshots...
(Doorbell is now V2.000000.***,old version was, & your pics are V1.00000.***)

There’s an app update that appears to have the doorbell update contained in it...
So if you update the app, then go to update on Doorbell, THEN it will be available...

Hope it works for ya, it’s night & day compared to old V...

scorpi00n

n3wb
Reaction score
Nooooo...
Reeeaaaddd, & look at the snapshots...
(Doorbell is now V2.000000.***,old version was, & your pics are V1.00000.***)

There’s an app update that appears to have the doorbell update contained in it...
So if you update the app, then go to update on Doorbell, THEN it will be available...

Hope it works for ya, it’s night & day compared to old V...
You don't do well with sarcasm do you ;)

C.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
??? After 15 years in Hospitality, myself & sarcasm are close mates, but yet I still don’t get what you’re saying?
I have just seen yours did finally work, but looney’s hasn’t...
?

C.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m gonna take a stab & day that’s ‘IT / Gamer’ humour on the whole (once again IT / Gamer, ‘cos no-one else actually cares what everyone uses...) Android ‘vs’ iOS user ‘type’... :D
I subby to a WISP, & trust me, NO-ONE outside that office & the ‘IT / Gamer’ field understands that particular flavour of humour.
;)

Last edited:

scorpi00n

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m gonna take a stab & day that’s ‘IT / Gamer’ humour on the whole (once again IT / Gamer, ‘cos no-one else actually cares what everyone uses...) Android ‘vs’ iOS user ‘type’... :D
I subby to a WISP, & trust me, NO-ONE outside that office & the ‘IT / Gamer’ field understands that particular flavour of humour.
;)
Your killing me dude, but you seem ok, so I'll dumb it down.
We both updated our apps, and had the update option visible, but the firmware for the DB10 just wouldn't come through.
Clearly we have different builds or something else was different preventing the update coming through to us at the same time as others.
After several bug reports to Dahua (with no response), they must have recognised it and pushed through an update compatible with my device.

When you come out and say sh!t like this without knowing peoples technical knowledge, you are doing nothing but making yourself look like a dumb-ass.

Life tip:- I know you where trying to help, but maybe re-think your choice of words if you don't want to offend people in future.

C.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
Your killing me dude, but you seem ok, so I'll dumb it down.
We both updated our apps, and had the update option visible, but the firmware for the DB10 just wouldn't come through.
Clearly we have different builds or something else was different preventing the update coming through to us at the same time as others.
After several bug reports to Dahua (with no response), they must have recognised it and pushed through an update compatible with my device.

When you come out and say sh!t like this without knowing peoples technical knowledge, you are doing nothing but making yourself look like a dumb-ass.

Life tip:- I know you where trying to help, but maybe re-think your choice of words if you don't want to offend people in future.

Not a problem dude...
BTW, not sure if u realised, u started s***, I only finished it.

Cheers for confirming exactly what i’ve been thinkin since you started bein a smart*** dude...

Why bother wasting my time tryin to help people in here, especially considering I don’t know s*** after speccing / buying / configuring / updating / installing hundreds of Dahua products, and getting the DB10 to actually work.

So I won’t anymore, as there’s yet another smart*** to f*ck it up for others.

Well that was a fun couple of weeks on here...

Catch ya.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had installed the app fresh, as I had deleted it when it wasn't working.
The DB10 it's self has been reset numerous times, and been deleted from the app numerous times.

I'll take a another look at this.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After LOTS of futzing around, I finally got it to do the firmware upgrade.
It now almost works as it should, but still no gold star.

The audio coming out of the DB10 when talking, is very low. I've tried this with two different phones, same results.
Any outdoor background noise will easily drown it out.

The audio transmitted to the phone, is also VERY low. Again, unless your in a quiet spot with your phone, forget it.

Motion detection now shows a still shot, it didn't before. Motion range adjustments seems to actually work.

The SD card I had handy was a 64gb Sandisk Ultra, that works fine in other devices, but the DB10 won't recognize it at all.
The other SD card that I had working with it before is in another camera that is installed, I'll have to take that cam down and try that SD Card again, but not this weekend, it's toooooo hot.

At least you can now successfully answer a call, see the video of the person, and talk back and forth, but neither of you may hear it.
The battery level and the Wifi signal meters do work in Lechange. And seem to be accurate.
The time is now set correctly.

Overall, sad, very sad on Dahua's part. Maybe in another 6 months, they'll get to work.

Have I mentioned the Lechange app SUCKS. ;)

scorpi00n

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, I have the same issue with the low sound.
I'm waiting for a few sd cards to be delivered so haven't tried putting one in yet.
As for the battery level, I'm getting mixed results.
Sometimes I get low battery alerts and its still at 50% and sometimes the battery level bounces 20% up or down.

Like you said, at least it's functional.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I spoke too soon, less than 24hrs this go around and the still pics have stopped coming in with the motion alerts.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update:
Now the motion alerts have stopped being sent all together.
Live video still working, talking back and forth is working....if your hearing is good enough to hear it's looooowwww volume.
It has not been reset or rebooted since June 29th.
The app reports the battery at 60%. It was freshly charged on the 29th.
Still a train wreck.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Update:
Live video still working, talking back and forth is working....if your hearing is good enough to hear it's looooowwww volume.
Still a train wreck.
Let's see if the DB11 can have some good changes.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Update:
Still a train wreck.
Let's see if the DB11 can have some good changes.

C.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, i’m up to 6 successful remote calls answered now (w’ 2 way conversations), saving me 250+km to & from the Courier depot...
I have one of my AP’s installed on the other side of the wall that the doorbell is mounted on tho.
It’s A LOT quicker to answer remotely too since I’ve installed the closer AP...
Now I’m wondering if upload is the issue for everyone (even tho wifi meter prob says 100%).

@looney2ns - sounds like yours may be a wifi issue, mine used to do the same, AND every time I took it down the other end of the house to charge it, despite saying ‘excellent’ wifi signal.
Since I’ve had the Tenda Mesh MW3, it’s never dropped...

Last edited:

scorpi00n

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, i’m up to 6 successful remote calls answered now (w’ 2 way conversations), saving me 250+km to & from the Courier depot...
I have one of my AP’s installed on the other side of the wall that the doorbell is mounted on tho.
Now I’m wondering if upload is the issue for everyone (even tho wifi meter prob says 100%).
Welcome back!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

@looney2ns - sounds like yours may be a wifi issue, mine used to do the same, AND every time I took it down the other end of the house to charge it, despite saying ‘excellent’ wifi signal.
Since I’ve had the Tenda Mesh MW3, it’s never dropped...
I've had the same issues with it with it setting 3ft from my Wifi. You having the AP on the other side of the wall, shouldn't be necessary.